Browser Discussion

Jonas

I've seen this for various applications various amounts of times. There really isn't an effective way of fighting this. It really depends and must be investigated. I suggest you get yourself some crash logger like Inspector IIXII. There's also a guide on how to report Opera crashes using this tool.Before anything, I suggest you update your Windows to the max. This includes IE7 and WMP11, incase you don't have them yet.Also, ensure you have the latest build of Opera.

Um... Windows Media Player.Well, if you have Windows 2000, that might be it. Opera is most stable under Windows XP, even though as you can see, it runs on older versions too.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a memory error, and I read that Opera uses a lot of memory, but I installed it on G:\ which has 1.14 GB, is it some sort of setting I have to change?
Memory != hard drive. Your hard drive is long-term storage, and these days is measured in gigabytes or terabytes. The largest hard drives for sale I believe are 750GB. "Memory" is usually referring to the computer's main memory, or RAM. There are really 4 different types of memory that a computer uses. Level 1 is on-chip cache, which is memory on the processor itself. It is very high-speed, close to the processor, and very expensive. High-end processors have more cache then low-end processors. Intel's Celeron is a Pentium with a lot of the cache removed. Level 2 is off-chip cache, which is cache on the motherboard but not on the CPU itself. Level 2 is bigger then level 1, but is slower. Level 3 is main memory, or RAM. RAM is located these days on removable chips that connect to the motherboard. Level 3 is usually much larger then level 1 and level 2, but is also much slower. Even so, it is still way faster then level 4.Levels 1-3 are all volatile memory, meaning that as soon as the computer loses power the contents of the memory are lost.Level 4 is your hard drive. It is very slow compared to the other types, but it is enormous and is non-volatile, meaning that power can be shut off without losing the contents of the memory.So, when you hear about memory requirements, they are usually referring to level 3, the RAM. And, for the record, Opera right now is using about 64MB of RAM, and about 74MB of virtual memory. A computer with 256MB of RAM should be able to run Opera with no problems. Computers with 128MB or 64MB can also run it, but it will be slower. With virtual memory, programs rarely crash now because of a lack of memory, they just take a really long time to run because data has to be swapped between the RAM and the hard disk.

I saw a 1TB drive for sale at the electronics store recently.
Where are you from again? Here in Bulgaria, there's only one 750GB model, and that's Seagate's. It seems so new, that it's not even in Seagate's site (or at least it's not listed in a "All interfaces" and ">201GB" search) and you're already telling me about 1TB? You must be from the factory!

Where are you from again? Here in Bulgaria, there's only one 750GB model, and that's Seagate's. It seems so new, that it's not even in Seagate's site (or at least it's not listed in a "All interfaces" and ">201GB" search) and you're already telling me about 1TB? You must be from the factory!
I saw it at a Fry's Electronics in Oregon, US. But come to think of it, I just saw "1TB" on the boxes, I didn't stop to see whether it was two 500GB in an array or a single 1TB drive.http://www.maxtorsolutions.com/en/catalog/MSS_II_Dual/ Looks like it may have been 2 500s.

query for reterving the data values from every hour with in the day in oracle
What? You probably meant to post this somewhere else, right?Anyway, the 1TB barrier has indeed been broken by Hitachi:PC World ArticleEngadget Entry

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions:Can a computer run two browsers? Say, Microsoft IE 7 and Firefox? Or is it best to stick to one? I currently use IE 7, which is sort of "embarassing" to admit, so I was thinking that maybe I should switch to Firefox.Which is the best browser to have? Firefox? And what are the browsers coded in? ty

I've only tried out three browsers, but Opera is the best one :) 1. Opera 2. Mozilla-1000000000000000. Internet Explorer (notice minus sign before 500)
Why do you think Opera is the best? I currently use IE 7. Have you uninstalled IE? Maybe I'll use all three. :)

I don't like opera, I used it a bit for testing purposes and I find it slow to open up for the first time compared to all others. I currently use Firefox 2, IE 6, IE 7, Opera, Netscape. I find Firefox to be the best and easiest to use and of course with the web dev toolbar :)