displaying jpg if swf doesn't display

gavin26er

hi guyswhat i want to do is display a jpg as defaulf if my swf file doesn't load. i want to do this so if the user trying to load the site doesn't have flash a default picture will replace the swf that won't load. i know you need to use javascript to make this work but i can't seem to find anyone with the right way to make it work. please help i'm been trying to figure this out forever.gavin

hi guyswhat i want to do is display a jpg as defaulf if my swf file doesn't load. i want to do this so if the user trying to load the site doesn't have flash a default picture will replace the swf that won't load. i know you need to use javascript to make this work but i can't seem to find anyone with the right way to make it work. please help i'm been trying to figure this out forever.gavin

Welcome to the forums.What you seek is called a "flash sniffer" that will:a.) look for the flash fileb.) look for the version to sniff forc.) display your back up image if the first two failand here is a page that will build one for you:http://www.infinity-rd.com/samples/flash_sniffer_build.htmlP.S. there are plenty more where that one came from - just google "flash sniffer"