online “SQL Try It” ? WORKING

JMerrill

I am new to the ways of SQL and any other languages.I need to know if these functions (below) work 'on line' or if I'm coding in error.I am enjoying learning SQL but not knowing if it is me or the site is a bit frustrating.Thanks all,JMIn The online “SQL Try It” using the Customers table in the Northwind database:INSERT INTO customers (CustomerID, CompanyName)VALUES ('aasa', 'bobco')Gives this result : Operation must use an updateable query.UPDATE CustomersSET Address = 'Stien 12', City = 'Stavanger'WHERE CustomerID = 'ALFKI'Gives this result : Operation must use an updateable queryDELETE FROM CustomersWHERE CustomerID = 'ALFKI'Gives this result : Could not delete from specified tables.DELETE * FROM CustomersGives this result : Could not delete from specified tables.

I haven't actually used their Try-it page before, pretty cool....well have you been able to do any insert/update/delete queries against the table, if not, then they might not give access to it, you might only be allowed to do select statements.Here is another tutorial with an on-line interpreter that you might try as you learn and experiment with SQL:http://sqlcourse.com/