Webservice Help

rafees_mhd

Hi,I am new to the webserviceI am using .net2.0 , i created one webservice file and i have take a look of SOAP,WSDL.can any one of you help me to consume the webservices what i created using SOAPand also i need more info about webservice ,pls send me the related links .Thanks in AdvanceBest regards.Rafees. :)

I'm also pretty new to this, but if you are using Visual Studio it's relatively simple.First, add a new Web Service to your project/website. It creates something like this:

using System.Web.Services[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")][WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]public class HelloWorldService : WebService{	public HelloWorldService() {}	[WebMethod]	public string HelloWorld()	{		return "Hello World";	}}

Then, right-click on your project/website in the Solution Explorer and add a new Web Reference - call it MyHelloService. Once that reference has been added, you can call it in your code like so:

MyHelloSerivce.HelloWorldService service = new MyHelloService.HelloWorldService();string hello = service.HelloWorld();

If you aren't using Visual Studio and cannot do the steps above, I'm, unfortunately, too new to offer you any further direction. Also, I've only done this across websites residing on the same web server.

I'm also pretty new to this, but if you are using Visual Studio it's relatively simple.First, add a new Web Service to your project/website. It creates something like this:
using System.Web.Services[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")][WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]public class HelloWorldService : WebService{	public HelloWorldService() {}	[WebMethod]	public string HelloWorld()	{		return "Hello World";	}}

Then, right-click on your project/website in the Solution Explorer and add a new Web Reference - call it MyHelloService. Once that reference has been added, you can call it in your code like so:

MyHelloSerivce.HelloWorldService service = new MyHelloService.HelloWorldService();string hello = service.HelloWorld();

If you aren't using Visual Studio and cannot do the steps above, I'm, unfortunately, too new to offer you any further direction. Also, I've only done this across websites residing on the same web server.

Thanks jesh for your response.But my problem is i have created a webservice using asp.net2.0now i want to consume the webservice without using visual studio \can i do it if so how can i create the SOAP / WSDL file and how can call run the files.Thanks & regardsRafees.

• 2 months later...
Hi,I am new to the webserviceI am using .net2.0 , i created one webservice file and i have take a look of SOAP,WSDL.can any one of you help me to consume the webservices what i created using SOAPand also i need more info about webservice ,pls send me the related links .Thanks in AdvanceBest regards.Rafees. :)
Hi, Nice to hear you are interested in WebService. Well... I hardly find people for help in web-service as this is new tech..Any way, I know some little stuff about Web-services means a kind of whole structure but only in respect of java.And its so huge concept so can't depict right now here.If you have any query regarding web-service particularly post, I will try to make clear your concept about web-service.