Displaying XML with HTML issues

Haramiz

I'm using a "database" made in XML files.I want to display only a few parts of one XML file with a HTML table.I'll be more especific.I have a news database in XML, theres a lot of news. When I try to display in a HTML table, all news are diaplyed.Theres a way to display only the last 3? or whatever number I want?Another thing.I'm trying to develop a way to manipulat the XML files (add, remove, save data), but I don't wanna use ASP or PHP, theres a way to do it with JS or HTML codes only?Thank you since now.

Hi and welcome to the forum.I cannot specifically help you with the code that you will to get teh first three items form your XML file - dunno off the top of my head.However, I can tell you that you will not be able to manipulate the XML file with only using javascript or HTML. This is because javascript is a client-side scripting language and therefore as no means of connected to the XMl on your server - let alone manipulate it. All it can do is play with what ever id downloaded on the client's machine. HTML is not a scripting language and therefore does not have the capability of manipulating the XML document.You will have to use a server-side scripting language to manipulate the XML file. I personally prefer/use Cold Fusion - but ASP or PHP can also do that manipulation you desire.

Hi, The URL may help u in the issues. XPATHRegards,Karthik

I'm using a "database" made in XML files.I want to display only a few parts of one XML file with a HTML table.I'll be more especific.I have a news database in XML, theres a lot of news. When I try to display in a HTML table, all news are diaplyed.Theres a way to display only the last 3? or whatever number I want?Another thing.I'm trying to develop a way to manipulat the XML files (add, remove, save data), but I don't wanna use ASP or PHP, theres a way to do it with JS or HTML codes only?Thank you since now.