Here's the link of my site so everyone can see..

denny911

Hi,I have some troubles handling some problems on my site, so I tried several times to give detailed description of my problem but nobody seems to understand me perfectly.Now I have found a free ASP hosting, and the link is:http://d.1asphost.com/krajinaonline/default.aspThe site's language is Bosnian, but if you are really interested in helping me, that doesn't really matter.ISSUE 1 deals with comments:Click on the first pic or the link beneath it (first row with small pictures, ID of that article is 7) and after it's open, there's a link "Vaš komentar", so click it and pop-up window will open. There's already several comments. Try to add yours (write anything).Now open the article on the top (big picture), the ID is 12.Repeat the procedure. There's no comments. Try to add yours.Now, if you have a solution, write it here.ISSUE 2:In the right column, there's something like a ShoutBox. Make your shout and you'll notice that the form didn't reset (form's action page is placed into an iframe).So, if you have an answer for that, write it here.THANKS,Denis K., Bosnia Herzegovina

ISSUE 1:In the popup for ID=7 your form tag carries the ID=7 into your action attribute. When the page with ID=12 requests the popup, it send the ID=12 into the page as a URL parameter but the action attribute in your form this time looks like this:<form method="post" action="komentari.asp?komentID="><input name="komentID" value="" size="20" type="hidden">Both are Its missing the ID.I hacked in 12 and my comments appear.Check your code an investigate why the URL string is not being picked up - I can't help any more on that one without seeing the actual code.

ISSUE 2The reason why the form doesn't reset is because it isnot posting to the window in which it is loaded. As you said, it posts to a <iframe> so the parent window has no reason to reset it.So, you'll have to write a little javascript that is called from the "onclick" attribute (which you will need to add) of the submit button. The script will set the value of the two field in your form to "".(you'll have to give your form a name)Kind of like this:onclick="document.formname.formfield.value='';"P.S. Your site doesn't render well in Firefox.

ISSUE 1:In the popup for ID=7 your form tag carries the ID=7 into your action attribute.  When the page with ID=12 requests the popup, it send the ID=12 into the page as a URL parameter but the action attribute in your form this time looks like this:<form method="post" action="komentari.asp?komentID="><input name="komentID" value="" size="20" type="hidden">Both are Its missing the ID.I hacked in 12 and my comments appear.Check your code an investigate why the URL string is not being picked up - I can't help any more on that one without seeing the actual code.

well, Skemcin, what you wrote helped me understand what the problem was with the issue 1.Now I'll try to solve issue 2 by inserting the ONCLICK event as you suggested.Hope you'll be around to help me with some other problems i might have (or still have).THANK YOU

Glad to help - let me know how it goes.

I solved the problem with adding first comment, now i'm searching for a javascript that will reset my form (cause i don't know javascript).there's also one more thing i want to have on my site. i want the number of views of my articles (news) to be displayed.At the moment, i have active counting of the number of comments posted (for a particular article) and, beneath that number, i simply added "+8" value just to make it seem like it's real number of views.If you could explain me how to do that, it would be great.

In my post I gave you this code:onclick="document.formname.formfield.value='';" (those are two single quotes next to "value=")that, or something close, should work. But you need to add the "name" attribute to your form to identify it.I'm not sure what you want to accomplish with the counter. If you're comments are databased, then you just need a query to get the record count for each particular comment . . . need a little more information.Post that question as a new topic so it will be visibile - instead of tucked away here.

ISSUE 2The reason why the form doesn't reset is because it isnot posting to the window in which it is loaded.  As you said, it posts to a <iframe> so the parent window has no reason to reset it.So, you'll have to write a little javascript that is called from the "onclick" attribute (which you will need to add) of the submit button.  The script will set the value of the two field in your form to "".(you'll have to give your form a name)Kind of like this:onclick="document.formname.formfield.value='';"P.S. Your site doesn't render well in Firefox.

I foresee a problem if we reset the values for textfields to "".Since the values are reset will they still be available in the next page ?