Horizontal and vertical menu

MCE_MAN

Hi all,I want to use the horizontal menu on my site as shown here:http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?fil...e=trycss_float5I am quite new to css so i was hoping you might be able to help.What i want is to have a horizontal menu like in the tutorial above, but i also want to have a vertical menu on the same page. I want the same menu style on both horizontal and vertical menus.I have succeeded in doing both ways on their own but i dont know how to apply 2 different styles on the same page. Is this possible? :) MCE_MAN

Kinda like this too?

<html><head><style type="text/css">ul{float:top;width:100%;padding:0;margin:0;list-style-type:none;}a{float:top;width:6em;text-decoration:none;color:white;background-color:purple;padding:0.2em 0.6em;border-right:1px solid white;}a:hover {background-color:#ff3300}li {)</style></head><body><ul><li><a href="#">Link one</a></li><br><li><a href="#">Link two</a></li><br><li><a href="#">Link three</a></li><br><li><a href="#">Link four</a></li></ul></body></html>

I just played around with that link heheand did this version well i think some other person with more experiance could give a better solution

<html><head><style type="text/css">td{float:left;width:100%;padding:0;margin:0;list-style-type:none;}ul{float:left;width:100%;padding:0;margin:0;list-style-type:none;}a{float:left;width:6em;text-decoration:none;color:white;background-color:purple;padding:0.2em 0.6em;border-right:1px solid white;}a:hover {background-color:#ff3300}li {display:inline}</style></head><body><!--- Vertical meny -----><table width="115">  <tr>    <td><div align="center"><a href="#">Link one</a></div></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td><div align="center"><a href="#">Link one</a></div></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td><div align="center"><a href="#">Link one</a></div></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td><div align="center"><a href="#">Link one</a></div></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td><div align="center"><a href="#">Link one</a></div></td>  </tr></table><br><!--- horosontal meny -----><ul><li><a href="#">Link one</a></li><li><a href="#">Link two</a></li><li><a href="#">Link three</a></li><li><a href="#">Link four</a></li></ul></body></html>

copy and paste this hole code and replace the old one :)

Guest benniecurtis

Are you sure you need two menus with identical content? Sometimes, too much repetition of a page feature can confuse the visitor. How does one decide which menu to use?Also, the extra menu uses valuable real estate that could be used for another feature.

ul#main{padding:0;margin:0;list-style-type:none;width: 10em;}ul#main a{display: block;text-decoration:none;color:white;background-color:purple;padding:0.2em 0.6em;width: 100%;}ul#second{float:left;width:100%;padding:0;margin:0;list-style-type:none;}ul#second a{float:left;width:10em;text-decoration:none;color:white;background-color:purple;padding:0.2em 0.6em;border-right:1px solid white;}ul#main a:hover, ul#second a:hover {background-color:#ff3300}ul#main li, ul#second li {display:inline}

<ul id="main"><li><a href="#">Link one</a></li><li><a href="#">Link two</a></li><li><a href="#">Link three</a></li><li><a href="#">Link four</a></li></ul><ul id="second"><li><a href="#">Link one</a></li><li><a href="#">Link two</a></li><li><a href="#">Link three</a></li><li><a href="#">Link four</a></li></ul>

Hope this helped. Feel free to change the ID names.