Homepage without toolbar

Robin

The bar with the buttons "Previous", "Home" etc?Not possible on just a page.You can open a window that is poor of the toolbar, but not via run-time :) After it is open, it can be re-enabled again by the user if other bars are present :)

Hello! Does anybody know if it is possible to make the entering(first) page in HTML without toolbar. I meen that, when you entering a page the toolbar disapears.Please anybody!  Robin

what toolbar?Are you talking about a google or yahoo toolbar?If you are talking about all the buttons and software controls, the only thing you could do is have you homepage open your site in a new window created through javascript. In the javascript you can tell what parts (if any) of the software controls you want.The only problem is that if you want this automated, many new browsers will block an "onload" popup window and you'll be left with your black homepage. You'd have to leave a back upload link there to make sure people could eventually enter the site.

@~Shinta:The favoritesbar or just the menuoption "favorites"?Of a favorites bar I've never heard, and collapse only one menu option is not possible :)By the way, all the disables of toolbars, menubars etc, will not work in FireFox; its bars work differently to Internet Explorer.

Edited by Dan The Prof

Robin you mean like this ??its just possible in script what i know of.This is alittle more detailed.The yes values are the stuffs that are removed the window size are set to a value and cant be changed if you dont alter code. Just make two pages and insert this in 1 of them.

<html><head><title>My page</title>  <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"><!--function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0  window.open(theURL,winName,features);}//-->  </script></head><body><p align="center"><a href="javascript:MM_openBrWindow('[pagelocation],'','toolbar=yes,location=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=800,height=600')">mypage</a></p></body></html>

just change this [pagelocation] to the file and the folder its in if its not in the same folder as the the code page above are. hope this helped :)

According to my reading skills, you actually enabled everything :)But I still not really understand. There are two possible meanings of what you say, Shinta, the first is the left windowpart if the favorites/bookmarks is enabled and permanently visible in the window. On the other hand, there also is the menu option at the top of the window, like "File", "Edit", "View" and "Help". The first thing I cannot say anything about because I suppose it is different for every browser (and for IE I don't know script to close the bar)The second thing is something that cannot be shutdown, unless you shut down the entire menubar with all the buttons like "File", "View" etc (or the variants in another language).Edit: Even I don't know it is there, there may still be script that en- or disables the bar at the left side of the window, by the frame name.I hope this helped.. :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

According to my reading skills, you actually enabled everything :)
well yes i thought so in the begining also but it accualy takes it all away. this is the code I used for a side prodjekt i worked on a while back for map's.

lol someone at work might have been changing the code hahah it should be all unableall. well need to fix that thnx for spoting that thought something was wrong but could not figure it out. lol how could i miss that :)*brain:zZzZzZzZ*