<div>

noa

hi, As far as I understood the "div" is actually a crier of an elemnet, like text, image, etc'...I saw that in order to use this carier, first you have to define it in the head, and than in he "bottom" body to use it...? The problem is that I manage to understand this theoritically, but not practically, so, I am looking for a simple practical answear actaully to be able to use this <div>; If soimeone can explain this I will be gratefull....Thanks, Noa

divs are easy to understand using an analogy.think about your page as the space under your bed.think about divs as empty shoe boxes.think about your images, lists, paragraphs, and any other html or javascript.think about your css as... well, you.you put your stuff(html things) into your shoeboxes(divs) and then you(css) arrange them the way you want it under your bed(your page).=) hope that helpsgoogle "liquid websites using divs and css" or "no tables" for really indepth explainations.

divs are easy to understand using an analogy.think about your page as the space under your bed.think about divs as empty shoe boxes.think about your images, lists, paragraphs, and any other html or javascript.think about your css as... well, you.you put your stuff(html things) into your shoeboxes(divs) and then you(css) arrange them the way you want it under your bed(your page).=)  hope that helpsgoogle "liquid websites using divs and css" or "no tables" for really indepth explainations.

nice analogy, they are always fun. so using that appraoch, once I put all my things in my shoe boxes and I "arrange them ... under my bed" that means that when I go to view my page(bed) I don't see what's in my boxes because they are under my bed! Are you speaking in layers? Is my site(bed) behind a firewall or password protected . . . :) :)Sorry, I couldn't resist. It is, really, a great analogy. I think it accurately illustrates how things "should" be done.

divs are easy to understand using an analogy.think about your page as the space under your bed.think about divs as empty shoe boxes.think about your images, lists, paragraphs, and any other html or javascript.think about your css as... well, you.you put your stuff(html things) into your shoeboxes(divs) and then you(css) arrange them the way you want it under your bed(your page).=)  hope that helpsgoogle "liquid websites using divs and css" or "no tables" for really indepth explainations.

sunday, 11/12/2005, 13:33.I cant think, my thoghts are so mixed, so many projects to finish before the final presentations next week. Someone replayed my question in such a natural, honest way, I am touched just from the thought that someone out there, was thinking for me......Sorry, I am not a vitrual person, so I am probably not used to this kind of contacts.Sorry for being so Naeve, Thanks a lot, I will try to use it...Noa

Yeah, that would be possible, just like you can have a smaller shoebox inside one of your larger shoeboxes... :)