CF Book

vchris

The first one is huge! 1800 pages!!! Is it more advanced or does it just cover A-Z that an intermediate could understand?I think the second one best suites me. Not to big and contains what I need to know at this point.Thanks for the those links Skemcin.pulpfiction: The O'reilly are pretty good. I'll check it out.

The first seven chapters of the first book I mentioned could probably be skipped - thats 160 pages right there - given your level of knowledge. The next 11 chapters (320 pages) would be good to review even if parts reiterate what yo might know. The rest of the book covers a variety of intermediate and advanced techniques that I think are worth at least becoming familiar with - not learning completely until you come to a need for it - but without know what you could do, you'll never know if a solution is possible or if there is a more efficient way of doing it.In any case, the 21 Days book is very straight forward and I think you would like it.Come to think of it - you might even consider the "Developer Study Guide" for the ColdFusion MX Certification exam.If has some pretty interesting stuff.author: Ben FortaISBN: 0-321-18058-5Here are other ISBN numbers for the text mentioned:0-321-22367-50-672-32432-60-321-29269-3

I checked out the Programming Coldfusion MX By Rob Brooks-Bilson book and it seems pretty good ~1000 pages. The Ben Forta book I'm loosing about 300 pages since I know all that stuff already.Skemcin did you try that book by rob brooks-bilson?

• 3 weeks later...
...Skemcin did you try that book by rob brooks-bilson?
nope - I've not had the time to venture too far into new territory - once I get this one side job off my back, I can start "playing" again...