Help for newb please!

Guest mccannio

Guest mccannio

Hi everyone,I have just finished a site using mainly html and some javascript. I am trying to set up an affiliate program for it and would like to ask a question. What is the best way to track which website any enquiry came from and can I pass that variable from page to page on my site? regards,paul

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new site.The answer to your question is YES. There are many ways to do this depending on what your hosting service will allow. Since you mentioned you built this in HTMl and javascript, I am assuming that you have not used asp, php, or cold fusion - which will make what you want to do a little more complicated.In any case, I'd first check with your hosting provider to see if the statistical reporting they offer gives you the information you want. If it doesn't, then I'd begin to ask why you need to track the initial information from page to page. Whether you do or not, you will need to adopt a scripting language (mentioned above) in order to track the information - i.e. in a database.Does this help?