.htaccess not working correctly

reportingsjr

This may be for the php forum but I dont know.. I tried to do the thing where you write this in an .htaccess file:AddType application/x-httpd-php (dont know if its right, just took it right out of meh brain!)I put .php .htm .html after it, but whenever I tried to go to an html page on my site in a sub directory it tried to force a download. I looked it up and tried another way that said would remove the forced download, but it still comes up! Im using php version 4.something (higher up, not an older one). So any help appreciated!

If the server has PHP support disabled, you won't be able to enable it just like that. Also, I think AddType is only relevant when PHP is running as a CGI binary, but it might be running as Apache module.

Its a file where you can control other files, you can password protect directories and files, and a bunch of other things. Go google it :).
Thanks, now I know how to stop some idiot from taking all the info out of user text files. :)

I think AddType is only relevant when PHP is running as a CGI binary, but it might be running as Apache module.
You know what, I bet you that is it! Is there any other way to do it?