Most Important HLTML Tags

Guest applemcg

Guest applemcg

On the HTML Basic page, the authors suggest the most important HTML tags are the heading, the paragraph, and the line break.Nonsense!The important tag, far and away, most important tag is the anchor:<a>HTML is the abreviation for Hyper Text Markup Language, lest we forget.It was invented for the express purpose for finding, and linking to other doucments.The web is nothing without the anchor.Otherwise HTML, is an obnoxious alternative to MS Word!It was never intended as a text formatting tool. It is all about structuring information. Of the three tags mentioned: heading, paragraph, and line break, the only worthconsidering as a structuring tool is the paragraph.Not until we learn to structure our thoughts in paragraphs is there any pointin attempting to structure our thoughts in the hierarchy of the outline.But heck, it's a great site; i'm using it as my HTML teaching tool atBenedictine Academy in Elizabeth NJ

On the HTML Basic page, the authors suggest the most important HTML tags are the heading, the paragraph, and the line break.Nonsense!The important tag,  far and away, most important tag is the anchor:<a>HTML is the abreviation for Hyper Text Markup Language, lest we forget.It was invented for the express purpose for finding, and linking to other doucments.The web is nothing without the anchor.Otherwise HTML, is an obnoxious alternative to MS Word!It was never intended as a text formatting tool.  It is all about structuring information.  Of the three tags mentioned: heading, paragraph, and line break, the only worthconsidering as a structuring tool is the paragraph.Not until we learn to structure our thoughts in paragraphs is there any pointin attempting to structure our thoughts in the hierarchy of the outline.But heck, it's a great site; i'm using it as my HTML teaching tool atBenedictine Academy in Elizabeth NJ

Hi and welcome to the site.I think you make and excellent point - the web would be nothing without the <a> tag - pages would have no way of finding each other.However, I feel I have to close this topic to prevent it from trolling. Thanks for the thought. We look futher to more contributions.