To Frame or Not to Frame

Revolution

ok peoplesthis is the problem i have 2 frames in a windowand i want to either1 frame which has the menu, so that when you click on a link in that frame it displays the link in the other frame. is this possible tell me if it is or how do you without any frames on the pageget text to align to table e.g. the table was here ---- ---- <--- and the ---- ---- text to be here ---- ---- because usually it would go ---- ---- above or at the bottom is there an alignment solution for this i like that idea preferably as opposed to the frames ideabut whichever can work is fineso tell me one or both if it"s possiblethanks anyone helping revolution

kk tis is my table code <p><h3><table width="200" border="0" cellpadding="15" cellspacing="5"><tr> <td bgcolor="red"><a href="eg.htm" style="text-decoration:none">Kids Stuff </a></td></tr><tr> <td bgcolor="green"><a href="eg.htm" style="text-decoration:none">Mission Statement</a></td></tr><tr> <td bgcolor="orange"><a href="eg.htm" style="text-decoration:none">Location</a></td></tr><tr> <td bgcolor="yellow"><a href="eg.htm" style="text-decoration:none">Testimonials</a></td></tr><tr> <td bgcolor="white"><a href="eg.htm" style="text-decoration:none">Feedback Form</a></td></tr><tr> <td bgcolor="violet"><a href="eg.htm" style="text-decoration:none">Products and Requests</a></td></tr></table></h3></p>i need to know how to insert text on the other side of that if you really want to help me, try and insert some code which should enable me to write on the other side of that so i have only 2 columns spanning across the page, one for the menu and one for the announcements thnx whoever can help me revs

You know, you can just use divs and CSS...

yeah stay away from tables unless you reall need to. Just use div's and alin them where you want them, my site isnt the greatest for content but i got rid of the frames and have 2 columns like you want. Navigation on the left and content on the right, then you can use tables inside the content if you want to seperate different things, and everything is on the www.w3schools.com site

Now, as a moderator, I'm not allowed to speak on behalf of w3schools.com, but my belief is that it's probably because there are a lot of sites to convert, and it takes a long time to move from tables to divs. It's true, when you start off from scratch, it may be advisable to use divs instead of tables, but it's not necessarily that simple when you have an established site, to make the change...