password

Guest suggs

:) I am trying to set up a web site for a friend, I need to set it so that you can only reach the main page once you have received a password from the validadator. I also have to set it so that they can input bank details and make the first page a pop up.Can anybody help me with the codes as I have only just started doing HTML.

:)  I am trying to set up a web site for a friend, I need to set it so that you can only reach the main page once you have received a password from the validadator.  I also have to set it so that they can input bank details and make the first page a pop up.Can anybody help me with the codes as I have only just started doing HTML.

try googling for a thing called a CMS (content managment system). If you are using webhosting with cpanel and fantastico, you will find loads of them in there.Some well known ones are phpnuke and mambo. They will help you make the website you want to make :)

• 2 weeks later...

You need to learn PHP & SQLfor that but if you are looking for a place to enter a password here is a code

<form action="whatever.php" method="POST">Username:<input type="text" name="text" value=""><br>Password:<input type="password" name="password" value="">

I could give you a PHP code for it but it would be very long. Just search google for a CMS likethe other guy said. Ohh and you need this code in your PHP

EDIT: I should really have read your post completely. :) The following codes will not exactly apply to what you want to do... Sorry.Javascript could also be used.Something like this:

function enter() {   if (pass = 'myPassword') {      document.location.href = 'nextpage.htm';   }   else {      document.submitpass.submit();   }}

Pass being the ID of the password input.

<form action="wrongpass.htm" id="submitpass" onsubmit="enter()">   <p><input type="password" id="pass"  /></p>   <p><input type="submit" value="Enter" /></p></form>

Though anyone could look at the source to know the password. So you might want to make it a bit more complicated but using this script instead...

function enter() {   jfk='m'; kren='y'; kjds='P'; lkei='a'; lqna='s';   uiel='w'; yeka='o'; beme='r'; nea='d';   if (pass = jfkkrenkjdslkeilqnalqnauielyekabemenea) {      document.location.href = 'nextpage.htm';   }   else {      document.submitpass.submit();   }}

Not sure if that would work... Also, it depends on what your password actually is.

EDIT: I should really have read your post completely. :) The following codes will not exactly apply to what you want to do... Sorry.Javascript could also be used.Something like this:
function enter() {   if (pass = 'myPassword') {      document.location.href = 'nextpage.htm';   }   else {      document.submitpass.submit();   }}

Pass being the ID of the password input.

<form action="wrongpass.htm" id="submitpass" onsubmit="enter()">   <p><input type="password" id="pass"  /></p>   <p><input type="submit" value="Enter" /></p></form>

Though anyone could look at the source to know the password. So you might want to make it a bit more complicated but using this script instead...

function enter() {   jfk='m'; kren='y'; kjds='P'; lkei='a'; lqna='s';   uiel='w'; yeka='o'; beme='r'; nea='d';   if (pass = jfkkrenkjdslkeilqnalqnauielyekabemenea) {      document.location.href = 'nextpage.htm';   }   else {      document.submitpass.submit();   }}

Not sure if that would work... Also, it depends on what your password actually is.

Nice work on that. How long did it take you to do that? M