CSS2 with CSS1

twinklerip

No special requirements, per se, but there's the fact that IE doesn't support all of the spesifications for CSS2, because IE doesn't get as frequently updated as browsers like Firefox and Opera. Maybe with IE7, things will get different. As long as Microsoft doesn't take webstandards seriously, they will lose more and more on the browser market, and the damage may soon become irreversible. Hopefully, that is.

It's, like, cooler... :)Nah, to mention one thing, it is the browser that has most accurate css interpretation, due to HÃ¥kon Lie having worked there earlier, and he came up with the idea of css. And you should really upgrade to Opera 8.0. It gets increasingly better with each version. Opera 9.0 will finally get xml and xslt parsing, which imo is the only thing that's been holding it back from being as, or more, popular than Firefox.

Firefox 1.5 has surpassed Opera in CSS support by just a little bit, but that's mainly because of its CSS3 support.Personally I prefer Firefox over Opera, because Opera is way too bloated. Firefox is completely open-source so if there's a feature you want you can just download it, even features not included in the hundreds that Opera has!By the way, IE7's CSS2 support will be much more improved.

No special requirements, per se, but there's the fact that IE doesn't support all of the spesifications for CSS2, because IE doesn't get as frequently updated as browsers like Firefox and Opera. Maybe with IE7, things will get different. As long as Microsoft doesn't take webstandards seriously, they will lose more and more on the browser market, and the damage may soon become irreversible. Hopefully, that is.

Besides better CSS support (hopefully), I hope IE7 will support Alpha Transparent PNG images. It's so annoying that they don't in IE6 >_>
*ahem*ok...I have opera 7.54...it appears to me to just be an IE engine and a FF engine and you can chose what mode you want. Am I wrong on this? What are the advantages of Opera?

I actually prefer Mozilla Firefox. But one good thing about Opera is that when you increase text size it also increases image size to try to keep the page aligned.Other browsers that I've tried (IE, Firefox, etc.) just increase the text size, meaning that they can overlap images if you increase them by a lot. This messes up the alignment.An example of this: Hold Ctrl and use the scroll-wheel on your mouse (both up and down to see both smaller and larger text).Another bad thing about IE is for accessability issues. If you can't see that well, want want larger text. You can't change the font size in IE if the web arthur sets the font size in pixels or point. Example: 15px 12ptIt only changed the font size if you use em. Example: 1em (normal size) 0.9em (one smaller) 2em (larger) etc.But both Mozilla Firefox and Opera don't have this problem. They can increase font size as large or small as the user wants.

IE7 will support PNG alpha transparency, as seen in the link I posted above.Also, Firefox will also increase images size if you specify their size in ems; something that should be done more often but isn't because HTML only supports pixel units, oppositely to CSS.