how do you do this?

real_illusions

when a user clicks on your website link, it can detect whether the user has flash installed or not, and directs the user to a non-flash site. But, is there a way to build just one site, with the flash, and if the user hasn't got flash, it uses an alternate image where the flash is.i've seen javascript and php scripts that detect what browser people are using, but i haven't explored into them..so..i'm guessing this is something similiar except its detecting something else thats client side.the reason i post here, because i dont know what scripting, i need.

Hm, I put tons of attributes that Macromedia recommends but seeing as how IE and Fx seemed to have problems with them, I edited my post and removed them. Have you tried the code exactly as it is right now in my post? Because this is working great for me.

Here's the correct full code (using wmode as an attribute works in Fx but is invalid and doesn't seem to work in IE).

<object data="site.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="400"><param name="movie" value="site.swf" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />Alternate content goes here.</object>

Make sure your flash is called site.swf or change both the values of the data and the first param to match with your flash file. If it still doesn't work, post what browser and version you are using.