Homesite 5.5

minority

Never even heard of it. I'd recommend an excellent program called notepad... :)Nice and easy does it... :)

I am using Homesite 5.5 as my default HTML editor. As it is no longer being updated, I am wondering should I now look for an editor more up to date or is HS still good enough for the job?Thanks in advance...

Thanks, but I like the features with Homesite, auto complete etc. I tried Dreamweaver but it's bloated.I would describe expertise as intermediate and I design websites as a hobby. hence my using HS.Thank's for responding.

Thanks, but I like the features with Homesite, auto complete etc. I tried Dreamweaver but it's bloated.I would describe expertise as intermediate and I design websites as a hobby. hence my using HS.Thank's for responding.

See this thread:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=760That should give you lots of different options. Although, if Homesite works for you right now, then I don't see any particular reason to get rid of it.For those that are interested, here is a link to the Homesite page:http://www.macromedia.com/software/homesite/

Homesite was basically Cold Fusion Studio without the Cold Fusion language support. When Cold Fusion 4.5 moved to 5.0, the stopped making Cold Fusion Studio and Homesite since all their combined functionality was added to Dreamweaver.I still think Dreamweaver is the best - use it only in Code Mode and you're set - not too overwhelming.

Thanks to everyone for their replys. I wondered alright why HS had stopped production. I think Dreamweaver 8 is class, but it's so heavy on resources (166MB), I'd love to see a Dreamweaver 'lite'.At the moment I am using Topstyle 3 for all the CSS and Homesite .5.5 for the XHTML and it suits my basic needs.

• 5 months later...