browser/operating system statistics

Guest jasonmog

Guest jasonmog

what are w3school's sources for this information? i think it would be biased if it were gathered only by those visiting this website. only developers come here, on higher end machines meant for development usually. i'd also like to know so that i may find out more related statistics if it's published on another website. thank you.

I don't think it's only people visiting their site, because then the results for Firefox/Netscape/Opera would be much higher in comparison to IE than they are as of now...

I don't think it's only people visiting their site, because then the results for Firefox/Netscape/Opera would be much higher in comparison to IE than they are as of now...

The stats are from user's visiting the w3schools website, which is the reason the numbers are biased, and they say so
Why so high Firefox figures?W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers.These facts indicate that the browser figures below are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users.

The stats are from user's visiting the w3schools website, which is the reason the numbers are biased, and they say so
Why so high Firefox figures?W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers.These facts indicate that the browser figures below are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users.

Ah. Too long since I looked at that stuff. Should have just kept my mouth shut, shouldn't I? :)"Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt..."-Silvan Engel

Ah. Too long since I looked at that stuff. Should have just kept my mouth shut, shouldn't I? :)"Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt..."-Silvan Engel

No worries....I only remember because that statement stuck in my head for some odd reason when I read it the first time long ago.