Idiots

OTTO

Yep, black background and red text isn't very pleasing to look at.black background with a white or yellow text would be better.black background with blue text... probably not.black background with a light shade of purple might be ok, not sure I'd have to see it.I don't know what else.For sure yellow or white text would look fine with a black background.

i hate it when people have a myspace and they refer to it as there "website".Real webmasters like us never get the credit the deserve people think designing a website is easy.

Yeah, I hate that too.Them: "Hey, do you want to see my website?"Me: "Sure what is it"Them: "Myspace"Me: "That's not your website, it belongs to some guy named Tom"Them: "I have an account on there"Me: "And your point? At best you have a PROFILE on Myspace, but Myspace isn't YOUR website"Them: "Whatever"-__-

in a way "anyone" can, i was able to put together my first website with just 2 weeks of html experience (of course it was very bland but it was still a website)The difference is that not everyone can make a GOOD website.personaly i think myspace is the devil just like flash, frames and foosball

My first website was 1 page big.It had no graphics or any formatting (the web host didn't allow that for free accounts).It was a BIG thing back then because at the time I didn't even know that "average" people could make one, I thought you had to own a business or something :) Then after that, I moved on to Geocities which was a little better (I was able to add colors and pictures and music and such).I'd say my first "real" website (when I finally got a free host that allowed pure HTML) was pretty bad.By the time I paid for my own website though, I was pretty good at HTML. But with a paid website came new tools, I finally was able to experiement with PHP.Now, I'm able to design professional-looking websites with the best of 'em :)

hey, if you're gonna learn HTML, start>run>'notepad' and press enternow type<!DOCTYPE...learn it the way the browser reads it, I say.back to the topic of school and web design class:if they tought me science and geography the way they tought web design, I'd be telling you the world is flat.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, this topic is totally out of date, but I can't help but make a reply.I have a web design class in my school. I kinda wanted to take it just for the Macromedia flash and fireworks experience, but I took a peek at their folders and saw the WORST images and web pages I have ever seen before. I think I'm gonna minor in web development and design in college. Here in Minnesota we have a law that says that each school district has to provide the PSEO program. It means that the school must pay for my college if I'm capable of doing it my junior and senior year. Imagine that... minoring in web development for free...Otto- dammit I hate it when anyone --especially teachers-- wont let you advance beyond everyone else if you're capable.(The No Child Left Behind Act is really the everyone gets held back act)As for the first web page I've ever made, LOL! I went to dynamicdrive.com, flamingtext, and a load of other websites that made bright, flashy things, and I stuffed them on my web page. I used lime green text in a black background-- it burned my eyes out.

That definately sounds exactly like the Internet/Computer classes at my High School.  Don't worry the teachers definately get better and more up-to-date as you get into higher education. :)

That's really good to hear as I get closer to that point. I'm looking at an Associate's Degree in web design and/or Linux/Unix Network Administration.

Back in my college days, I was studying computer programming for my Comp Sci degree. One of the course was Compter Literacy. At first, the name reminded me of a course in grade school called Computer Literacy, where you get your first basic skills on a computer. Then I thought, "no way the college level is teaching that low end basic". I was wrong. The first day we learned the terms "mouse", "keyboard", "monitor" and so on. We learned how to open MS Word, Excel, Notepad, and Paint. We even got to type our names with the "keyboard", for display on the "monitor", and add numbers in Excel.Boy was I excited. My very next class was COBOL programming.I asked my programming professor how taking such an insanely low skill level course right before I started a programming course was considered logical. He arranged it so that I was given the final exam in Comp Lit the next day. I got an A and full credit for the course, and an extra hour of sleep every morning for the rest of that semester.IDIOTIC!

Back in my college days, I was studying computer programming for my Comp Sci degree.  One of the course was Compter Literacy.  At first, the name reminded me of a course in grade school called Computer Literacy, where you get your first basic skills on a computer.  Then I thought, "no way the college level is teaching that low end basic".  I was wrong.  The first day we learned the terms "mouse", "keyboard", "monitor" and so on.  We learned how to open MS Word, Excel, Notepad, and Paint.  We even got to type our names with the "keyboard", for display on the "monitor", and add numbers in Excel.Boy was I excited.  My very next class was COBOL programming.I asked my programming professor how taking such an insanely low skill level course right before I started a programming course was considered logical.  He arranged it so that I was given the final exam in Comp Lit the next day.  I got an A and full credit for the course, and an extra hour of sleep every morning for the rest of that semester.IDIOTIC!

that's awesome that you got to skip the class, at least, but quite silly that you were there at all. I'll hopefully skip some of my first classes when I get going in tech school.