on and off html

smiles

I sometimes see some forum , in its post have the function that enable or disable HTML , I don't really understanding it , I thing it has no effect with script , just with HTML and only HTML ' text like Marquee , color , font , I think right ???

when you enable html you can just many of the elements.You can even use some JavaScript.It's not just the basic ones (<b> and <i>)I should know, I've been using IPB for several years and probably know more about it than the admins on here :)

Unfortunatley, it's only safe javascript. From what I remember, not DOM--- :D

Yep, that's why I said "some" :)What's good about JS in posts though is that, for example.On one of the boards I manage, there is a signature size limit, so in the post below the main part that describes the size limit I have something like *click to check size* and I had a JS script there that puts a box around your signature area to see if your image stays within the box or extends out :(If extended out, it means it's too large :)On others boards however, I just wrote a modification so if a signature is too large it is shrunk.

Yep, that's why I said "some" :)What's good about JS in posts though is that, for example.On one of the boards I manage, there is a signature size limit, so in the post below the main part that describes the size limit I have something like *click to check size* and I had a JS script there that puts a box around your signature area to see if your image stays within the box or extends out :(If extended out, it means it's too large :)On others boards however, I just wrote a modification so if a signature is too large it is shrunk.

well , Eric , if you don't mind could you let me see your signature ' code ,I had tried with my signature but ... no effect , temporarily :D

I just checked the board to see if I could copy the code for you.Seems like someone removed it, probably one of the other managers.Oh well, this will hold you over until you get something better. It's a DIV that will cut-off anything past the dementions specified.<div style='height: some numberpx; width: some numberpx; overflow: hidden;'>your signature</div>If you're using IPB, then I know there will be a .signature class in the style sheet, so you can just add this to it.signature {height: some numberpx;width: some numberpx;overflow: hidden;}I know the CSS cut-off isn't the same as a script to shrink the image, but oh well. It should work just fine, it will prevent people from having HUGE signatures in posts.

I just checked the board to see if I could copy the code for you.Seems like someone removed it, probably one of the other managers.Oh well, this will hold you over until you get something better.  It's a DIV that will cut-off anything past the dementions specified.<div style='height: some numberpx; width: some numberpx; overflow: hidden;'>your signature</div>If you're using IPB, then I know there will be a .signature class in the style sheet, so you can just add this to it.signature {height: some numberpx;width: some numberpx;overflow: hidden;}I know the CSS cut-off isn't the same as a script to shrink the image, but oh well.  It should work just fine, it will prevent people from having HUGE signatures in posts.

my own forum created by phpBB , so may be differ with IPB , I had tried your code , but no effect :) anyway , thanks !!! someday I will find it :)

does PhpBB have template files (.tpl files) or how do you edit the template?However you do it, whereever the "signature" part of the template is you can wrap it in the <div> tag posted above.I'm not really sure how PhpBB works.I've only managed IPB, SMF, & NBBS

does PhpBB have template files (.tpl files) or how do you edit the template?However you do it, whereever the "signature" part of the template is you can wrap it in the <div> tag posted above.I'm not really sure how PhpBB works.I've only managed IPB, SMF, & NBBS

template file doesn't have .signature in css , well I have just seen some forums that with phpBB , and I mind that no signatures have images in it , that really pity :) now , I try to put that style of signature in css and you know the right way to put it ??? Maybe it's very hard :)

Putting styles in are very hard in phpbb, at least the proper way. What you do is put <style type="text/css"> sig css here</style> at the beginning of overall_header.tpl. And then do whatever you have to.

Putting styles in are very hard in phpbb, at least the proper way. What you do is put <style type="text/css"> sig css here</style> at the beginning of overall_header.tpl. And then do whatever you have to.

could you specify sig css here , like thissignature{ background: transparent; color: #339; font-size: 10px; line-height: 150%;}but no effect :)