Need help to create text files from Php

Cotoatl

Since im still new to PHP , I'd like to know how to save the contents of a textbox or the following return value TrResult inside a notepad text archive in C:/ <form name="SourceOfTranslation" action="http://www.systranet.com/systran/net" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="SourceOfTranslation"><input type="hidden" name="s" value="TrResult">Any ideas?I would also apreciate some code to name the text archive and choose a path to save it :) .

Since im still new to PHP , I'd like to know how to save the contents of a textbox or the following  return value TrResult inside a notepad text archive in C:/ <form name="SourceOfTranslation" action="http://www.systranet.com/systran/net" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="SourceOfTranslation"><input type="hidden" name="s" value="TrResult">Any ideas?I would also apreciate some code to name the text archive and choose a path to save it  :) .

Is this something you want the script to do automaticly? If you want the user to be able to choose the path to save the text file you can do something like this:<?php //Retrieve your variable to make the body of the text file $body=$_POST['TrResult']; //This header designates that the page is a text file for download header("Content-type: text/plain"); //This header names the file header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=filename.txt"); header("Pragma: no-cache"); header("Expires: 0"); //The following print function will create the body of the text file print " $body ";?>Going to this page will present the user with a "Save as" box and allow them to save the file where they normally would. The file is a plain text file with the name you designate on line 9.Not sure if this is what you wanted, let me know.Jed

Well, that certainly is useful, but not excatly what I need. As you asked before, I need the scripts to do it automaticaly.What I need is the TrResult value to be stored straight into my hardisk as a .TXT file. TrResult actually contains a few lines of text, because its used to store a translation between lenguajes. While choosing a name for the file would be ideal, I dont mind to use a preset file to save the results (as long as it doesnt overwrite whatever is already stored). If you still dont know exactly what I want, you could share some code to save the contents of a texbox inside a specific text file (either on html or php), and I would be much in your debt.

Yeah I am not sure if I can help you any further. I am certainly not as skilled in PHP as some. If you want the scipt to automatically write a file to your HD (verus the web server's drive) I think you might find that hard to impossible (I think, I don't know). I could see security issues if scripts were able to do that. You could write a cookie which is a text file but then it will go to the cookie folder. Sorry I couldn't help more, hopefully someone more skilled with join the discussion.