Not able to view XML in Ineternet Explorer 6

a_krishnam_raju

Try changing IE's setting to default. You might have accidently turned something requred for viewing XML files. But also one more thing: we are talking about that THE SAME file(s) work at your office and not at home, right? Well... it's really odd really.

Try changing IE's setting to default. You might have accidently turned something requred for viewing XML files. But also one more thing: we are talking about that THE SAME file(s) work at your office and not at home, right? Well... it's really odd really.

Hi BoenThanks a lot for your help.I will try that in home and then i will reply.Thank a lot.Krishnam

• 4 weeks later...
HiI have set the IE with decault settings, but still i am not able to view XML files or XML tree.Please helpKrishnam

me, too!Take, for example: http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_examples.aspand click on this link: Display the food menu styled with the XSL stylesheet (IE6)which is an xml file with a xsl xml-stylesheetIt shows up fine on my colleague's IE6 (service pack 1) but shows the XML tree with my IE6 (service pack 1). Other XML pages have shown the same behavior (OK in friend's IE6, XML tree in my IE6). It also displays fine in Mozilla 1.7.We know that the MIME type probably doesn't matter because it's a w3schools page, served by a IIS which is probably configured with text/xml MIME.Using the 'default' internet options does not seem to affect the display.I searched Microsoft's web site and found this IE6 comment http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329661/en-uswhich says that the first line of an XML file must be: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>which it is. Also, this IE5 fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239750/EN-US/to honor text/plain MIME typesNothing else on Microsoft's site appeared to be relevant, though.Ideas?-gregg

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,I am krishnam.I am not able to view XML files in Internet Explorer 6 in my system at home where as I am able to veiw XML files in Interenet Exploere 6 in my office system. Can you please help in solving this problem?Thank youKrishnam

I finally got a fix that works. I installed MSXML3.0-SP7, found on microsoft.com/xml, which did solve the problem. MSXML is the XML parser called from IE, and I had MSXML3 (but I do not know which Service Pack).Before I tried MSXML, I had installed XP SP2, which did not solve the problem. Note that this implies that XP SP2 does not include the MSXML fixes/upgrades.So to summarize, in IE6, XML documents with embedded XSL stylesheets are now rendered with the style sheet applied to the XML instead of as the underlying XML doc tree (which one would expect to see if no stylesheet existed). Happy, happy, joy, joy.-gregg