XPath Functions: substring

Guest bnew

dear all ... I have an inreresting problem - I 'm trying to get the part of the text, the part should end with dot symbol "." I am trying to use this expression: <xsl:value-of select="substring-before(TEXT, ".") /> but I always get the message Required white space was missing. Error processing resource 'file:///D:/Documentum/Export/112929906875031998357/news_presentation.xsl'. Line 86, Position 54 <p><xsl:value-of select="substring-before(TEXT, ".")"/><xsl:text disable---------------------------------------------------------------^output-escaping="yes"><a href="<%=ss1%><%=request.getContextPath()%></xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="$href_fulldoc"/><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">" > подробнее...</a></xsl:text></p>Can anyone help????

• 1 month later...
Guest johnnye

use single quotes around the fullstop ie '.'

dear all ... I have an inreresting problem - I 'm trying to get the part of the text, the part should end with dot symbol "." I am trying to use this expression:   <xsl:value-of select="substring-before(TEXT, ".") /> but I always get the message Required white space was missing. Error processing resource 'file:///D:/Documentum/Export/112929906875031998357/news_presentation.xsl'. Line 86, Position 54     <p><xsl:value-of select="substring-before(TEXT, ".")"/><xsl:text disable---------------------------------------------------------------^output-escaping="yes"><a href="<%=ss1%><%=request.getContextPath()%></xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="$href_fulldoc"/><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">" > подробнее...</a></xsl:text></p>Can anyone help????