Problem adding Foreign Key in a table

Xenia

Hello everyone,I have created a database and i want to add a foreign key to one of my tables.I am using the following command but doesn't work

Alter TABLE SC_Orders ADD FOREIGN KEY (StocklistID) REFERENCES SC_stocklist(StocklistID);

Does anyone know what might be the error and suggest anything?Thank you in advance,Xenia :)

Thank you aspnetguy,But again nothing happen, the problem is that when i run the command it doesn'tdisplay any error just in the table i cannot see it.Any other suggestions please?

before you run the ALTER TABLE query is StocklistID already a column in the table? Or are you expecting it to be added when you run the query.

I have already created the column but again it doesn't work

Ok then if you are setting an existing column as a foreign key then there will be no visible changes tot he table. It is just creating a relationship between the 2 tables.It will have effects when Updating/inserting and delteing from the 2 tables but nothing you can see.

Ok then if you are setting an existing column as a foreign key then there will be no visible changes tot he table. It is just creating a relationship between the 2 tables.It will have effects when Updating/inserting and delteing from the 2 tables but nothing you can see.

I tried to add data to the table but the value for the foreign key didn't display it.Normally when i was adding data tis column would have taken the value from the parent table.Is that right?So because it doesn't do that i supposed that the foreign key was not created

I tried to add data to the table but the value for the foreign key didn't display it.Normally when i was adding data tis column would have taken the value from the parent table.Is that right?So because it doesn't do that i supposed that the foreign key was not created

Do you think that i can connect two tables without including their foreign keys?MySQL supports the Alter command which add a foreign key?I would be very gretful if you could you please answer my questions?Thank you very much,Xenia