Forum Database to Hard copy

Miroku

I need to know if there's a way to export a MySQL Database to your computer and back to a forum to use as a backup file?Here we go...The forum I belong to keeps going down and we want to make a backup file of sign in names, messages, PM's and everything. the whole thing is phpbb and MySQL. there is no mods for it. anyone have an idea?I also need to know how to re-import it.

phpbb has a admin funktion that allows you to copy your SQL data base to a backup somewhere, and there is a funktion also in the admin section that allows you to upload the database. I have not used phpbb but i have read about it. and be sure you have the newset version of phpbb cause the lesser chance you get hacked., I have been at the phpbb forum for a while now and there is about 6-7 forums hacked everyday, so be sure you upgrade if you have a old version of phpbb. cause of this i cant recomend this product, i would make my own forum.so visit there forum for more help.edit-----or se there tutorial videos on support.

phpbb has a admin funktion that allows you to copy your SQL data base to a backup somewhere,  and there is a funktion also in the admin section that allows you to upload the database. I have not used phpbb but i have read about it. and be sure you have the newset version of phpbb cause the lesser chance you get hacked., I have been at the phpbb forum for a while now and there is about 6-7 forums hacked everyday, so be sure you upgrade if you have a old version of phpbb.so visit there forum for more help

Thanks so much! (and since I'm sure you're an anime fan, as seen on your sig "Otaku for life", come visit us too... the forum is down right now but our website is www.rei-chan.net/senshicon)I'll relay the information to the forum administrator.