Scrolling content in a css-overflow area?

SilentS

I have a frame-layout with a simple javascript that lets me scroll the content in a frame with a <a>-tag instead of the ordinary scrollbar. It's based onOnClick="parent.thumbs.scrollTo(0,0)"Could I replace "parent.thumbs" with something similar pointing to the overflow area I've created? I've tried to use "div.scroll" and set it to overflow so a scrollbar appears and link the code in different ways nothing works. So is it even possible or do I have to use a frame to be able to scroll via this code?/Regards, Robert

Looks like we're not thinking about the same thing. I have no problem making an overflow area with scrollbars. What I'm looking for is a way to scroll that area without directly using the scrollbar. With frames there's no problem, I just use the onClick="parent.(frame).scrollTo(x,y)". I wish to replace "parent.frame" with something that points to the "overflow-area".

Try this:<div style="overflow:auto;width:280px;height:130px; color:black; font-size:9pt; font-family:helvetica; background-color:white; border:0px;">whatever......whatever......whatever......whatever......whatever......</div>