Where did you hear about w3schools?

alzable

Where did you hear about w3schools?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you hear about w3schools?

• A search engine
    • A book/magazine
    • A friend
    • Another website/forum
    • I guessed (now THAT would be interesesting!)
    • Other (please specify)

Please take a vote according to where you found the w3schools website/forums. Also if you want, post some details if you remember them. :) Please feel free to suggest any more options to add. I found w3schools on google and then, that was it. I had found a reliable, popular, free web development help site! I visit w3schools for web building all the time!alzable :)

Another forum might best fit the description of how I found this site, but still... I voted for "another site" scince it's close enough. The topic there was about usefull learning sites. All of the others were lessons for designers (photoshop mainly) and only w3schools was shown as for web developers. I haven't found any other good tutorials scince, but I don't think I need such either :) .[edit] It's ironic how a person always fills/does/writes everything except what the others are going to ask/say/tell :) .[/edit]

Edited by boen_robot

I think I first found it when I would google something like "css background" because I couldn't remember all the CSS, or something similar in html/xhtml. I realized the W3Schools was almost always the top search result, so I finally checked out the whole site. I've used it as a referance since then, and a few weeks (months maybe?) ago I decided to join the forum and see if I can give something back :)

I think I first found it when I would google something like "css background" because I couldn't remember all the CSS, or something similar in html/xhtml. I realized the W3Schools was almost always the top search result, so I finally checked out the whole site. I've used it as a referance since then, and a few weeks (months maybe?) ago I decided to join the forum and see if I can give something back :(

:) I ' m the same , I google for Javascript , and see w3schools , I had learned for few days before find that w3schools forum link in the main page ??? My eyes had problem :)

:) I ' m the same , I google for Javascript , and see w3schools , I had learned for few days before find that w3schools forum link in the main page ??? My eyes had problem  :)

I've used w3schools.com for a long time and just barely notice the forum link on the top right of the page. Didn't even know it existed until yesturday. :(

I found it on another forum in a thread with resources for learning webdesign. I can even give you the exact link to it, although it happened more then 1 and a half years ago, but you probably wont understand it because its a romanian forum :)

I found w3schools on a google search too, I've been using it for refrence a lot, it was not until about 2months ago I asked myself if this place had a fourm, it took me a while to find the link but I found it :)

I found W3Schools through a book so long ago that I cant even remember. It was either in a Java or HTML book that I was using as a reference and the site was written in for more reference and learning material, or something like that.I have this site bookmarked on every computer I have owned since, and it is linked on my own website so that others can benefit from the vast knowledge base here.All that, and this is my first post and first time using these forums.

I was introduced to W3Schools in my first web development class, the lecturer used the site as his bible and ever since i have found it a useful learning/reference tool.I just happened to stumble across the forums one day while browsing through the site.God knows how many others use the site but have yet to find the forum. :)

I was introduced to W3Schools in my first web development class, the lecturer used the site as his bible and ever since i have found it a useful learning/reference tool.I just happened to stumble across the forums one day while browsing through the site.God knows how many others use the site but have yet to find the forum. :)

Well, the forum has only been up for about 6 or so months I think. And the links shouldn't be too difficult to find, there's one always on the upper right corner, in the site search box. The other one is always placed under selected reading:http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.aspon the lower left side.

I still think, the link must be made larger, the home page has a tiny text link, whereas, it could have had more visitors flowing if it were like "Full Web Building References" and "Try-It-Yourself On-Line Examples". post-18-1141470743_thumb.jpgBut this is out of the point of this post.alzable

• 8 months later...

Don't hijack topics for your own questions. Make a topic of your own instead. That way you have a bigger chance to get your questioned answered, and you don't take away the original intent of the topic.

I came across W3Schools back in 2001 or so. Probably on a Yahoo! search. Did Google even exist back then?It wasn't until this year that I decided to start giving back (through the forums) to the community that helped so much in my learning.

I came across W3Schools back in 2001 or so. Probably on a Yahoo! search. Did Google even exist back then?
You're kidding, right?

I came across W3Schools back in 2001 or so. Probably on a Yahoo! search. Did Google even exist back then?It wasn't until this year that I decided to start giving back (through the forums) to the community that helped so much in my learning.
Google offically opened in September 1998

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...