pull down search box

NOLA

Hi, I'm trying to make a pull down search box that would have these 2 unique searches to choose from. love the site!!!Thanks!!!

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="18%" id="table1" height="105">	<tr>		<td align="left"><tbody><tr><th class="right" align="left">		<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><b><font color="#FF0000">Site Search</font></b></th></tr><tr><td class="right" align="left" valign="top" height="95"><form style="margin-top: 4px; margin-bottom: 4px;" method="get" name="searchform" action="http://www.google.com/search" target="_top"><input name="sitesearch" value="www.mysite.com" type="hidden"><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><input alt="search" style="width: 99;height:22" name="as_q" size="20" type="text"></input> <input style="width: 41; font-weight: bold; height:26" value="GO" type="submit"></input></p></form><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><b><font color="#FF0000">Forum Search</font></b></p><form action="http://www.mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=search2" method="post" target="_top" style="margin-top: 4px; margin-bottom: 4px;" method="get" name="searchform"><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><input name="search" style="width: 99;height:22" name="as_q" size="20" type="text"> <input style="width: 42; font-weight: bold; height:26" value="GO" type="submit"></p></form></td>	</tr></table>

Was there a question in there somewhere? Or are you just letting us know what you are working on?I'm not as good at reading minds as some people seem to think...

Did you miss this when you clicked on the topic?
pull down search boxI need help w/ a pull down search box
Yes, I'm trying add these 2 choices to a pull down search box but I'm not sure where to begin..... any help would be great, thanks

What is a "pull down search box"Is there a reason you don't want the search boxes ALWAYS visible?Would it be like a drop down menu except that instead of a list of menu items that are links it will show a box with your search forms? If so, read up on drop down menus using cssYour first steps should be to get rid of the table. Use <div> or <span> elements instead.Define width, height, font, style, etc... either between <style> tags or in a separate style sheet.

On second thought I guess I didnt explain my self clear enough, sorry....I want to make a search box w/ options that does what the search box on this page does... However I would like mine to just be done with html unlike the way they did theirs... ExampleInstead of 3 options, have only 2. The first option gives you a google site search and the second gives you a search of my forum. Im playing with the one below but dont quite understand how to tell it to search 2 different ways/places depending on which option is selected.

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="99%" id="table1" height="70">	<tbody>		<tr><td class="right" align="center" valign="top" height="68"><option  value="www.mysite.com"><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><label for="where"> </label><select id="where" tabindex="2" name="search_type"><option value="http://www.mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=search2" method="post" target="_top" name="search" style="width: 99;height:22" name="as_q" size="20" type="text">Forum</option><option value="http://www.google.com/search" method="get" name="searchform"  target="_top"name="sitesearch" value="www.mysite.com">Entire Site</option></select> <form action="as_q" name="sitesearch"  name="searchform" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 5px; text-align: center;"></p><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><input name="search" type="text" style="width: 99;height:22" name="as_q" size="20" > <input name="submit" value="search""sitesearch" style="margin: 4px; width:57;height:19" type="submit"></p></form></td>	</tr></table>

I think the key to it is these two lines....

<input name="submit" value="search""sitesearch" style="margin: 4px; width:57;height:19" type="submit">

<form action="as_q" name="sitesearch"  name="searchform" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 5px; text-align: center;">