HTML editors

ldodgen

My #1 choice is Dreamweaver 8. I find it's the best! It's just so easy to work with and manage multiple sites. Very easy to do massive search and replace through hundreds of files.At Work I have FrontPage 2003 :) I don't like it at all...If you don't want to buy any program you can always use Notepad and write your html code by hand. Which is something I would recommend with any HTML editing program because you never get what you want. :) They always do something wrong lol.So go with Dreamweaver 8 or MX 2004 is just as good.

I would recommend using a basic text editor (equiv to Notepad) and learn to code by hand before you start using Dreamweaver.I know countless designers who use editors like DW and they couldn't even make the smallest changes in the HTML code.It might be tough at first but you will be glad you did later.

Thanks for the info. I was actually wanting to learn of a few basic editors like notepad, but for Linux not Windows.I definately agree with the getting to know the code first.I also realized that there is a forum above that has all sorts of editors to use. I must be blind because I didn't see that at first.

Thanks for the info.  I was actually wanting to learn of a few basic editors like notepad, but for Linux not Windows.I definately agree with the getting to know the code first.I also realized that there is a forum above that has all sorts of editors to use.  I must be blind because I didn't see that at first.

no problem and good luck