vchris

Which is the best forum?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best forum?

• PHPBB2
    • VBulletin
    • Invision
    • Other

Hey guys! :) I want to know which is the best forum out there. I have used those 3 forum types. They all have their advantages but which one do you like better?Invision seems to load faster. Can include subscriptions.PHPBB2 has more mods.VBulletin, I don't know much about.Feel free to talk about the pros and cons of each. You can mention any other good forum I forgot to include.

smiles can you tell us why you think IPB is better than PHPBB?

:D I have been an moderator of the phpBB forum and now I ' m an moderator of an IPB forum ( these forum are free :( ) , i think phpbb has many skins for your choice while ipb has only one ( I say that because I don't know how to have one new skin with ipb )so ... phpBB is colorful than IPB , but with my experience , phpbb is seem dark than ipb and text is not meet with the frame, the text is small and hard to read , and if you repair it to be bigger , it isn't well-lookingand it doesn't allow you to have your image in signature part ...and smiley is bad ...and one thing , it loads slower ( just my thinking :) )if you an colorful one , choose phpBBvice versal , IPB :) just my support idea , disadvantages and advantages is always together :)

I would not take any of them even if they are easy to use and user friendly. Popular forum systems gets hacked to often.I rather build myself a forum. If i now get hacked i know more of the code and its easyer to rebuild and replace stuffs. :)

Of all the forums I have moderated or admined, I have found that Simple Machines Forums (SMF) are very strong for an open source, free forum. PHPBB is like climbing a mountain for admins compared to SMF. Also, the support forums for SMF are fantastic.I have friends that use vBulletin. Very powerful forum software, but costly.I have never worked on Invision before, but I have never had any problems as a poster.