Web Templates

vchris

I've been thinking about selling some web templates online but I was checking eBay last night and I saw there was people selling like 7GB of web templates, which looked pretty good, for like 10$ US. They even allow to resell those templates. Then I go to a web template site and they sell for around 65$ US and custom for like 2500$ US.Is there a catch to this or what? How can I compete with 10$ for 7GB of temps? :)

I've been thinking about selling some web templates online but I was checking eBay last night and I saw there was people selling like 7GB of web templates, which looked pretty good, for like 10$ US. They even allow to resell those templates. Then I go to a web template site and they sell for around 65$ US and custom for like 2500$ US.Is there a catch to this or what? How can I compete with 10$ for 7GB of temps? :)

The average price I have seen is around $50-$55. I don't know who is selling 7gb of temps for $10 but they are on crack! I would like to see that auction. Lets say a template was 1mb (it is usually less) that would be 7000 templates for $10. Something seems wrong with that!If the average time to design a template was 2 hours then that would be 14,000 hours. That is over a year and a half of straight coding without even a bathroom break.So this guy is selling a year and a half of his life for $10??? Seems suspect to me...but then again I am paranoid :).Seriously...I want ot know what auction that is...I will buy them for that price. :(

I wanted to buy it too lol they seemed great compared to the rest and only 10$! You can't go wrong with that. Go on eBay.com search for "web templates" and you'll see a bunch of them. Some have 12000 templates for 10$ but they're ugly, some are for 5$ for a couple hundreds... that's crazy! They even included flash banner totally customizable and looked awesome.But that site I found for web templates they looked a bit better.

I wanted to buy it too lol they seemed great compared to the rest and only 10$! You can't go wrong with that. Go on eBay.com search for "web templates" and you'll see a bunch of them. Some have 12000 templates for 10$ but they're ugly, some are for 5$ for a couple hundreds... that's crazy! They even included flash banner totally customizable and looked awesome.But that site I found for web templates they looked a bit better.

One problem with getting them off ebay is that you have no support. Most professional template sites provide support and assistance when you buy their templates.Then again for $10 I think you could afford to figure it out on your own.

I don't really need support unless they have really complicated scripts. You could always buy the nice ones and resell them on your site and make big profits! imagine 10$ for 7GB, that's basically thousands. Sell them for 50$-70$. Not everyone knows about those eBay templates.

I am very skeptical to the 7gb for 10$ auction. :) I would guess more like its 10$ for each template in that collection. Or its just 1 big fraude..but if your buying it make sure it has the following information.exampels:1. you will get all at the said price (in this case 10$ and look for similor texts at the auction)2. there are in Cd/DvD disks ( hope I spelled right there :) )3. money back if you didnt get what you wanted. (most ppl will not pay the export cost so you might have to pay if sending it back)and if you get frauded. make sure you have alot of screenshots about the auction. and save the import paper you will get with the freight. and that maybe you have called him/her by phone or by hotmail (hotmail are easy tracked apperently :D )hope i got everything down heheh :)dont remember anything else you should know :(

I sounds too good to be true...so it probably is.I would never sell 7gb of temps for $10.I don't buy stuff off Ebay anyways. I have had a few friends get ripped off. Don't want the hassle.

I sounds too good to be true...so it probably is.I would never sell 7gb of temps for $10.I don't buy stuff off Ebay anyways. I have had a few friends get ripped off. Don't want the hassle.

I agree totaly. and where i live now there are around 200 ppl getting frauded by internet orders they are not getting or just cheap copys, dunno the total number of frauded ppl in my country but i guess over 20,000 ppl.

I watch the show judge judy sometimes and there was a case about eBay. I guy was selling a comic but the guy got ripped off. Since the customer had a copy of the ad he was able to get his money back.I bought a couple things off there and never had any issues.I checked the ad carefully for those templates and it didn't mention any extra fees or 10$/template.

thats good to hear but either way be carefull even to 10$ are not much.if you followed the steps i pointed up at the first post here and maybe a few more if you can find more.but if it suddeny becomes like for an exampel 10$ for each in the bill. you can sue them and maybe get alitte extra for it. :)btw its essentinal that you take screenshots if your going to buy it i forgot to mention that they might be able to change the info for the auction just like we can edit our post here. and dont change format or anything leave them as they are. any change will change date. cause the date will help alotanyway hope it all works well :)