On Ie ..... How to center ....

Tynian

Hi ! I've a little problem.I just want to center a <div> </div> in my css, on Internet explorer.I arrived to do that with Firefox, but none also on internet explorer, can you help me please.

margin: 0 auto;

or

text-align: center;

didn't worked?

The first one works well on firefox, but not on internet explorer, that the problem.in fact, I just want to include all the programmation code in a div and center it on my page, for the resolution.and the second, I think it would'nt work, becaouse I don't want to center text only.

The first one  works well on firefox, but not on internet explorer, that the problem.in fact, I just want to include all the programmation code in a div and center it on my page, for the resolution.and the second, I think it would'nt work, becaouse I don't want to center text only.

for all browsers:
body{text-align: center; /* MSIE needs this */}#container{margin: 0 auto;width: 750px;text-align: left;}

so div with ID "container" is now centered with all browsers..as far as I know, there is no other way to do it with MSIE.

This should also work also:

#page {  margin-left: auto;  margin-right: auto;}

Please note that you need any DTD on your webpages for this to work on IE. Firefox displays this correctly.

Please note that you need any DTD on your webpages for this to work on IE. Firefox displays this correctly.
Seems as it works very well, but only if strict DTD is used with IE..But who is using transitional anyway? :)

Seems as it works very well, but only if strict DTD is used with IE..But who is using transitional anyway? :)

I worked for me whenever I used it on a XHTML Transitional DTD page, so I assumed that it would work on all other DTDs.

Reasons why and why not can be found in MSDN:Read The !DOCTYPE "Switch" part:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....nhancements.asp :)edit:If You are using HTML transitional or frameset doctype You must use it with URL-part of DTD-tag to switch IE to "standard-compliant" mode.When Internet Explorer 6 or later is not in standards-compliant mode, it is in compatibility mode.DTD to switch IE better mode is:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">now margin: 0px auto; will work with IE6 without centering all in body-element.