ASP login

jayeshp100

Hi,I have a website with a Access database, i have sucessfully created a login page that works, what i want is when the user is transfered to the members page i want to display a form filled in with their details so that they can update, delete so on.

I did that before but basically when they login you store their userid in a session variable. When they are redirected to their page you do a select statement of their info in a form. When the update button is clicked you update those fields with whatever is in them.

I did that before but basically when they login you store their userid in a session variable. When they are redirected to their page you do a select statement of their info in a form. When the update button is clicked you update those fields with whatever is in them.

Do i put the session vaiable within the login page and put the select statement within the page that processes the the users usernmae, password.

Do i put the session vaiable within the login page and put the select statement within the page that processes the the users usernmae, password.

yes, the seesion variables will be carried between pages so if you set them once you authenticate the user on the login page you can check to see if they are logged in on all other pages before proceeding. YOu will need to execute the select staement on the page where you setup their profile form and populate that form with the result you get from the select statement.

yes, the seesion variables will be carried between pages so if you set them once you authenticate the user on the login page you can check to see if they are logged in on all other pages before proceeding. YOu will need to execute the select staement on the page where you setup their profile form and populate that form with the result you get from the select statement.

I have tried to do the above, but i can't figure it out, are there any examples on the web