Amazing sites

vchris

ohhh this is why i love flash :) i like the Item: #10334 best :)

I think Flash is the easy way for doing websites...I say that because I am literally tired of seeing Flash designes. There are just so many of them :) It is a lot harder to make a nice original design just by using CSS for the layout, that's why I think people from the csszengarden (random pick) should get more praise.Some are cool though like the ones on coolhomepages or these templates :)

I think Flash is the easy way for doing websites...I say that because I am literally tired of seeing Flash designes. There are just so many of them :) It is a lot harder to make a nice original design just by using CSS for the layout, that's why I think people from the csszengarden (random pick) should get more praise.Some are cool though like the ones on coolhomepages or these templates :)

I agreee that it is harder to get a CSS layout to look and function the same in all browsers but flash websites involve alot of actionscripting to get them to perform as they do.I guess it is just from what perspective you look at it from. Both have there pros and cons.My biggest thing about flash sites is that it leaves dial up users in hte dark and can just be plain annoying.

Oh no!!!!!!!!! :) Does this mean that making HTML documents will be obsolete?! :) If flash is the future of web development, then there is no way I will be able to make websites for money unless I learn flash! Its not that I don't want to learn flash, but writing the actual code is funner.Flash doesn't have to be flashy if you design it right.Can search engines search for flash sites?

I don't believe they can. The only thing they can read is your meta data and everything that is outside of the flash animation.

Does this mean that making HTML documents will be obsolete?! :) If flash is the future of web development, then there is no way I will be able to make websites for money unless I learn flash!

Flash is software of a major company and costs quite a few quid, the beauty of html, css, javascript etc is that it's all free to use, all you need is something like notepad to write it which makes it far more accessible.Remember flash is imbedded within html, flash needs html.I think flash does have a big future but it won't make html obsolete :)

I don't believe they can. The only thing they can read is your meta data and everything that is outside of the flash animation.

But look how fast the internet is growing-- I think it will happen soon.
Remember flash is imbedded within html, flash needs html.

Yeah but there isn't much of the actual writing the code.

flash are quite fun to use.the new version of flash looks really userfriendly. and maybe worth the money :)

You are all speaking as you've never seen Flash animations before. I can't believe you :) .There's already a topic in the Flash forum for Flash vs HTML and it's clear that Flash sites will never replace HTML. Infact, I think that soon enough, Flash will start dieing slowly and SVG will start taking over the world. It's just a matter of a good SVG animator... I don't know about you, but the only SVG animators (note: Animators can animate, Editors can make static graphics) I know are based on SVG Tiny which is a thing that makes designers flee away.Flash loads slow, it can only be edited with Macromedia Flash Professional, it has it's own language called ActionScript which is needed for "advanced" actions, etc. etc. making it the worst possible choise for site making.

google is the only search engine that has the technology to spider a SWF file. Whenever you publish a flash file, the "Create HTML" will produce a comment tag in the HTML file that is made up of any meta data and text tool content used in the flash file.that is good and bad - more like meaningless is most repsects since the comment tags have nothing to support their relevance, there is little for the typical search engine to weigh the page on. So, it looks like a good thing, but more or less irrelevent.if you decide to make a site that primarily or entirely runs off of flash, make sure you leave money in your budget for Google AdWords cuz your index ranking will suffer.here are a few classics (flash finds):http://www.stickpage.com/http://www.newsandentertainment.com/zFxaioxaio9.html