CSS1 to CSS2

ben3001

how would i change this css1 to css2 code?

BODY{scrollbar-face-color:#A2D800;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-track-color:#333333;scrollbar-shadow-color:'#000000';scrollbar-highlight-color:'';scrollbar-3dlight-color:'';scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:'';body {	background-color: #000000;	margin: 0px;	}	a {	color: #E55E5;}a:visited {	color: #86B300;}a:hover {	color: #E2FF8A};}a:active {	color: #E55E5;}

thanks for help inadvance ben

body {background-color: #000000;margin: 0px;}a {color: #E55E5N;}a:visited {color: #86B300;}a:hover {color: #E2FF8A;}a:active {color: #E55E5N;}

First, you need either 3 or 6 hexadecimals numbers, so replace your colors or add the correct number in "N". Also, W3C suggests that whenever you present the attribute "color" or "background-color", that you would follow it with its pair, i.e.:

body {background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px;}

or

a:hover {color: #E2FF8A; background-color: #000000;}

Finally, adjusting your scrollbar is not actually a universal CSS property, it's actually a MS properties. Also, make sure that NONE of your code is in caps, for the exception of hexadecimals numbers. If you really want to, though, the proper code alteration for CSS2 for the scrollbar would be:

body{scrollbar-face-color:#A2D800;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-track-color:#333333;scrollbar-shadow-color:'#000000';scrollbar-highlight-color:#NNNNNN;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#NNNNNN;scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:#NNNNNN;}

Whereas "N" is replaced with the proper hexadecimals numbers for the color.Understand what I'm saying?~Aphotic

thanks a million Aphotic, your a diamond. now i was wondering is there anyway to get your website scrollbars so they appear coloured in FF, becuase in i.e there fine but in FF there not

body {background-color: #000000;margin: 0px;}a {color: #E55E5N;}a:visited {color: #86B300;}a:hover {color: #E2FF8A;}a:active {color: #E55E5N;}

First, you need either 3 or 6 hexadecimals numbers, so replace your colors or add the correct number in "N". Also, W3C suggests that whenever you present the attribute "color" or "background-color", that you would follow it with its pair, i.e.:

body {background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px;}

or

a:hover {color: #E2FF8A; background-color: #000000;}

Finally, adjusting your scrollbar is not actually a universal CSS property, it's actually a MS properties. Also, make sure that NONE of your code is in caps, for the exception of  hexadecimals numbers. If you really want to, though, the proper code alteration for CSS2 for the scrollbar would be:

body{scrollbar-face-color:#A2D800;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-track-color:#333333;scrollbar-shadow-color:'#000000';scrollbar-highlight-color:#NNNNNN;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#NNNNNN;scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:#NNNNNN;}

Whereas "N" is replaced with the proper hexadecimals numbers for the color.Understand what I'm saying?~Aphotic

I think you canwith java, but not with CSS. The scrollbar code you had above is a microsoft code, made for IE. FF doesn't support this, and niether do other non-IE/open source browsers. The code itself is not really CSS, although IE reads it.~Aphotic