Frame problem

Fire Dragon

I plan somekind "links" frame for my site.Let me explain what I mean.Left is normal navigation frame what contains links to all of your site's sections.Middle of screen is main frame what shows page, and right is other navigation frame.Now comes problems in.I want right frame shows links to mini sections what main section haves.Example: Main section:CarsMinisections:Volvo,Lada,MitsubishiSo Car section haves Volvo,Lada and Mitsubishi minisections.This is easy because now it is like normal navigation frame.But I want this frame changes when you press link in left frame.Like it changespage's main frame.I can handle this using target.But then browser must load two frames when you press same link.Is this possible?I also thought javascript code what is placed for main frame's page what reloads automatically right frame when page starts.This probably sounds strange and I can say...it is! :)

Example:   Main section:CarsMinisections:Volvo,Lada,Mitsubishi

on the cars page try:<body onload="window.parent.minisection.src='minipage.htm'">(minisection should be the name of your right frame)I haven't had a chance to test it but it might work, fingers crossed :)

on the cars page try:<body onload="window.parent.minisection.src='minipage.htm'">(minisection should be the name of your right frame)I haven't had a chance to test it but it might work, fingers crossed  :)

I must test it but I can't because I don't know why,but I can't get right frame to show up.Here is my code:
<frameset frameborder=0 border=0 framespacing=0 rows="100,*"><frame src="up.html" name="up" scrolling=no><frameset frameborder=0 border=0 framespacing=0 cols="180,*"><frame src="left.html" name="Left" scrolling=no><frame src="middle.html" name="Middle" noresize><frame src="right.html" name="Right" scrolling=no>

Can you say what is matter?

Did you show all the code?You need to close your <frameset> elementsBut your main problem is that on the second frameset you only define 2 columns "180, *"You need to define 3 if you want the 3rd one ("Right") to show up...You can just try this "180, *, *"

Thanks Ssbrownii.It helped. :)

on the cars page try:<body onload="window.parent.minisection.src='minipage.htm'">(minisection should be the name of your right frame)I haven't had a chance to test it but it might work, fingers crossed  :(
I can't get it working.Is there any other way than JS version?Alltought I don't know can I get even JS working because I don't know can I use window.location with frames.I mean use it with target. :)

This is the correct code, i have tested and it works<body onload="window.parent.Right.location='page2.htm'">or<body onload="window.parent.frames['Right'].location='page2.htm'">I said src earlier but it should have been location doh!! :)Lada :):(:D:) hahahaha, that's not a car, that's a shed with wheels :blink:

This is the correct code, i have tested and it works<body onload="window.parent.Right.location='page2.htm'">or<body onload="window.parent.frames['Right'].location='page2.htm'">I said src earlier but it should have been location doh!! :)
Thanks.It works now :)
Lada  :)  :(  :D  :)  hahahaha, that's not a car, that's a shed with wheels  :(

Hehehe.That is why I added it. :blink: You are probably right.But is this car racistic? :(