easyphp help

Guest programmer2006

I downloaded that easyPHP thing from your link and it seems pretty nifty, however much of it is not actually english and I think programmer2006 has tried that one and was wondering if there is a more english version. does anyone know if theres a way you can use that and allow people from the net access pages in your easyPHP folder?

• 3 weeks later...
Ohhhh ...I use Easy PHP and its awsome :)You can download it from :www.easyphp.orgIt has autoinstallation and Configuration of :1) PHP2) MySQL3) phpmyadmin4) Apache ServerUr PHP files are placed at :Program Files Directory/Easy PHP/www :)Regards:Areeb Qaisarwww.areebonline.com

With this easy PHP, does your computer have to be continuously running to capture data from a web form?

I'd say yes, obviously, since if you'd upload a form and have it processed by your PC it has to be realtime. But I haven't tried the program yet.Sounds interesting tho. But frankly, wouldn't it be a security liability?

I am not sure what lilcali means, but easyphp is for local system, like calvin said you dont need to upload php file into the server but run it in the "localhost". i dont see any security issues in that..... you start the apache server when you want to run PHP pages and shutdown when done.

With this easy PHP, does your computer have to be continuously running to capture data from a web form?

Well, if u use PHP than u must know that u need some kinda software, which can be used to test ur PHP Files locally.So when u have created a PHP File, u can run that file on ur own computer, and fix any errors before u finally upload it to ur webserver ....In order to process PHP, u need a Server ...Easy PHP has got Apache Server, just like most cases of PHP ..All u have to do is to double click the Easyphp.exe and launch the Program ..It will continue to run in background,and u can run ur PHP Files, and will parse them for u.Does that answer ur question ?If not , than tell me again ...Regards:Areeb Qaisar[link=http://areebonline.com/]www.areebonline.com[/link]

OK I think I get it... it runs a preconfigured server that supports PHP.Simply put: a server needs to be up&running in order to respond (and perform it's tasks). Once your pc/server is off, then it's usefullnes for your online website will be down with it.Areeb, I don't intend to be rude, but your spelling needs work. (just imagine people would have the same programming discipline when it comes to spelling...) Web language is OK but an overload will make people overlook your point. Welcome though, I hope you will experience the same deal of inspiration on these forums as I have.

EasyPHP is not designed to be used as a production server, but as developing server to test your pages offline before moving them on the hosting server. Indeed, Apache for Windows is a test version, and is not guaranteed for an optimal operation (reliability, load rising, ...) contrary to Unix/Linux based platforms.Using EasyPHP as a "production" server, that can be reached through an intranet or internet is therefore at your own risks.
EasyPHP is a development tool, it should not be used to host or support anything online. That's what actual webservers are for. If you intend on hosting internet content on your home computer, the first thing you need is a static IP address. Most ISPs charge considerably more for a static IP address (such as a T1; cable, DSL, modems etc are generally not static), but that depends on where you live.EasyPHP is intended to make installing and setting up a development server easy (hence the name). The alternative to this is something like I have running at home. My computer there is running Microsoft's webserver software (IIS), and I manually installed and configured PHP, MySQL, and phpMyAdmin. It takes a bit of work to do, which is why EasyPHP exists. But even so, I wouldn't even think of opening up my network to incoming internet traffic, a quick look at the server logs at work that show hundreds of login requests from China and South America tells me that I want to worry about development, not securing my server against foreign hackers that I have no legal recourse against.

Here's one example of what I'm talking about:sshd: Authentication Failures: root (218.188.2.148 ): 7 Time(s) root (103-mo5-2.acn.waw.pl ): 2 Time(s) unknown (218.188.2.148 ): 268 Time(s) admin (200.242.79.172 ): 1 Time(s) unknown (200.242.79.172 ): 2 Time(s) unknown (bsn-95-249-239.dsl.siol.net ): 1 Time(s) lp (218.188.2.148 ): 1 Time(s) root (218.63.200.199 ): 8 Time(s)We can see where some of these IPs are located:IP: 218.188.2.148Country: Hong KongCity: Hong Kong, Hong Kong (Sar)IP: 200.242.79.172Country: BrazilCity: UnknownIP: 218.63.200.199Country: ChinaCity: Yunnan, Yunnansiol.net is located in Slovenia, and waw.pl is obviously Polish. I doubt you want to let these people access your self-configured Windows machine. Some script kiddie from HK trying to log in under 268 different accounts isn't looking to do me any good. Server admins make very good money, and the reason they make good money isn't because servers are easy to lock down, let alone home Windows machines.If you DO install a test server at your home, it is a good idea to start up the server, and from the same machine, go to grc.com and run a Shields UP test. If your computer responds on port 80 (or really any port for that matter), shut down the server immediately and reconfigure your firewall before running the server again.This isn't something you want to be naive about.

Areeb, I don't intend to be rude, but your spelling needs work. (just imagine people would have the same programming discipline when it comes to spelling...) Web language is OK but an overload will make people overlook your point. Welcome though, I hope you will experience the same deal of inspiration on these forums as I have.

OK, I will be careful next time. :)