Why does this not work for me ?

George1111

I have followed a tutorial example 1) I opened up NOTEPAD.exe2) I pasted the following code into the notepad document3) I saved it as Hello.htmTHIS IS THE CODE WHICH DISPLAYS NOTHING<html><body><%response.write("Hello World!")%></body></html>When I execute the open command I get NOTHING on the screenIs this code incorrect (it came from the tutorial web site)Why is this so difficult ???

Hello.htm ?I don't really think this is an HTML file. Its more like ASP ?You might be reading the wrong tutorial :)

Thats it - it was an ASP tutorialHow can I run this ASP script from my local machine ?(I call it .htm because it looked like html to me)Should it be called something like .aspie, how can I test that the tutorial actually works ?Thanks for the answer

You need to install ASP, rename your file to .asp and place it at the appropriate IIS's folder. Then open your browser and type the appropriate URL into the adress bar.

I have followed a tutorial example  1) I opened up NOTEPAD.exe2) I pasted the following code into the notepad document3) I saved it as Hello.htmTHIS IS THE CODE WHICH DISPLAYS NOTHING<html><body><%response.write("Hello World!")%></body></html>When I execute the open command I get NOTHING on the screenIs this code incorrect (it came from the tutorial web site)Why is this so difficult ???

hi ,the above code is won;t working. if u wana display only hello world then use below code<html><head><script>document.write("Hello World!")</script></head><body></body></html>Reason : y ur code is not working bz it is html file not jsp or asp. that will work on server side.Thanks