Looking

Chocolate570

Like what's in my signature, I'm looking for scripters of various talents. I'm opening a script database site, focused mainly on php and phpbb, but we're going to need scripts and tips of all different kinds. If you are fluent in one or more of the following topics, please post here or PM me. Also, if you can write tutorials on any of these, that would be great too:

• DHTML
  • AJAX
  • PHP
  • PHPBB
  • PHPBB Styles
  • PHPBB Mods
  • CSS
  • IFB or IPB Styles
  • JavaScript
  • ASP
  • ASP.Net
  • ColdFusion
  • Flash
  • Dreamweaver
  • Photoshop
  • The GIMP
  • Paint Shop Pro
  • C
  • C#
  • C++
  • Java
  • XML
  • XSLT
  • HTML
  • Regular Expressions
  • Scheme
  • VBScript
  • Visual Basic
  • Basic
  • Windows
  • *Nix
  • Macintosh
  • Computers [general]

I hope to make this a very big site. Thank you.Chocolate570

Trying to compete with w3schools.com are we? :)EDIT: Oh, and I should say I'm fluent in XHTML and CSS + using javascript for dynamic layout/formatting purposes (HTML DOM I guess). In the process of learning xml/xsl/rss.

Edited by Jonas

Hi I can help withDHTMLAJAXPHPCSSJavaScriptASPASP.NetPhotoshopC#HTMLRegular ExpressionsVBScriptVisual BasicWindowsComputers [general]What about SQL??? I know SQL Server, MySql, Oracle, Access, TSQL PLSQL, Stored Procedures, etc.

Well guys, i'm making a script database, so just keep writing useful scripts, such as PM systems, portals, CSS tricks, tutorials, and other things in the languages I listed. Then email them to me at chocolate570@gmail.com, then I can put them in the site when it's ready. And no Jonas, i'll never be able to compete with W3S. So I'm not going to even bother. :)

Well guys, i'm making a script database, so just keep writing useful scripts, such as PM systems, portals, CSS tricks, tutorials, and other things in the languages I listed.

I would also be happy to help out :) Just curious though, you say "just keep writing useful scripts" - Do you not already know what scprits you want, are we supposed to just create scripts of the top of our heads? In some cases there's no point in recreating the wheel as these scripts will exist on other sites.What about creating a to do list, we can each attempt scripts we feel comfortable with and then compare them with each other to make sure they are as efficient as possible?We could start the list from some of the faq's on this site, like:- How to do more than one image rollover with JavaScript- How to send an email from a web page (server side)- How to open a new window in JavaScript with Address bar etc hidden- How to use the try it editor on my site (Jonas made a JavaScript one)- How to password protect a page (server side)- Where can i download the northwind db :)

That's a great idea, Scott. I'll make a long to-do list for all of you to sink your teeth into. It would be nice if you could call which ones you're doing on the list, so we know not to write a script for something that someone else is working on. I'll put it together right away.

Ok, I put together a quick forum so that I can post ideas for scripts, along with all of you and other people, and you can post on them when you're ready, make them, and then they'll be ready for the database.http://seekond.com/zoopRegister there, and don't be afraid to ADD script ideas, too. Thanks.

Thanks for registering, a couple of you. We also need people who are soley in charge of thinking of script ideas. :)

sorry to play devil's advocate here, but how does this not compete with the underlying purpose of w3schools? are the scripts you want to collect/publish more like snippets than actualy step by step tutorials (liek w3schools)?just curious...

The way I interpret this idea is that it's supposed to be some sort of script database, meaning that it's a collection of useful scripts in different programming languages. An extension of for example http://javascript.internet.com, only in larger scope. It's not about making tutorials from scratch (teaching the basics), but is rather based on the readers knowing the programming language already. Just see it as a resource for already experienced programmers/scripters/developers. Writing "tutorials" as Choco says would then just mean writing a tutorial on that particular script you submitted, ie explaining step by step what it is you are doing. This would again make for easier modding of scripts should it be needed for someone.Am I wrong?On the other hand, this sort of defeats the purpose for people learning and developing stuff themselves. :)

if its a database of code snippets, which is how I would define you interpretation Jonas, then I don't think its an issue. I think that it can be helpful and that it doesn't really defeat the purpose of learning the language because that knowledge would be a prerequisite of using the site in the first place. its a place to see if the wheel has already been invented - hmm, inventedwheel.com - saving your time, saving your a$$.that's catchy!:8

Yeah, that is catchy, but it should be in the plural, inventedwheels.com.Saving your time, saving your ######. :)Not available though...How about .org? As we could be considered an unofficial organisation of script-makers. :)

Umm..I'll sum up what I think about the above 4 posts.HUH?No, it's not really a tutorial site, like W3S. Instead of focusing on the language, I was trying to focus on the snippets---and tutorials on HOW to make the specific snippets and customize them, not the syntax of a function in JavaScript. Hope that clears it up. Also, it's like javascript.internet.com---just much easier to use, sleeker, and cooler. :) Plus it's a php script focused-forum.

Exactly. Except there'll be web templates, graphics, php, javascript, and the rest of the languages listed in the first post. Also, phpbb documentation and MODS. I wanted it to be a web resource, without the language tutorials. :)Also, we have a domain name already. :) ScriptSector.comWe might not use it though, but there's a very low chance of that.