Click to download rather than open/view wmv

rus787

I have wmv files that I would like the option to have viewers open/view the movie or download the movie directly without using the "right-click" option. My users have limited computer skills and sometimes the idea of a right-click is a little too complicated, so I would like a link for each option. Is this possible or is it decided by the way the browser handles the request?Thanks

I know theres a way to do this if you have a php enabled server but in just HTML/XHTML I don't know, I would recommend putting your files in a .zip archive but then again your visitors might not know what to do from there... Do you have php?EDIT: if you do have php, check out the header() function's examples.

Edited by calvin182

I know theres a way to do this if you have a php enabled server but in just HTML/XHTML I don't know, I would recommend putting your files in a .zip archive but then again your visitors might not know what to do from there... Do you have php?EDIT: if you do have php, check out the header() function's examples.

no, I do not have a PHP server. Something that is not likely, either :)

What if you simply create a link that links to the wmv file?This should start the movie on click.

I realize that will open the file (and that is something I am currently doing), but I would like a second link that would force the browser to download the file rather than view it. Basically, can I make a link do a "right-click/save target as..." by default.Rus