Opacity issue

darkblue

Here's the deal. My layout goes as this:<div id="pagecell1"> <div class="feature"><h3>Temporary layout </h3> <p> Hi. This is the temporary page[...] </p> </div> <div class="story"> <h3>Be an[...]</h3> </div> <div class="story"> <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary=""> [stuff] </table> </div> </div> There is a background image, and the "pagecell1" div is white with black text. I want the cell to be about 75% opaque, so that we can see the background image through.I have a CSS page attached to it, and the main page was done in HTML.click here for a screenshot of the pageHow can I do this?

Use this style and apply it to the cell or table you want to make transparent.Just ajust the opacity level and the color.<style>.transparent{border:000000 solid 1px;background: white;filter: alpha(opacity=75); } </style>Like this:

<html><style>.transparent{border:000000 solid 1px;background: white;filter: alpha(opacity=75); } </style><body background = "http://www.absolutecross.com/images/textures/pack1/alien_roughterrain_thumb.jpg"><table><tr><td class = "transparent"><div id="pagecell1"><div class="feature"><h3>Temporary layout </h3> <p> Hi. This is the temporary page[...] </p></div><div class="story"> <h3>Be an[...]</h3></div><div class="story"> <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary="">[stuff]</table> </div> </div> </td></tr></table></body></html>

If you want all your tables to be transparent by default, do this:<style>.table{border:000000 solid 1px;background: white;filter: alpha(opacity=75); } </style>if it is just the headers do this:<style>.th{border:000000 solid 1px;background: white;filter: alpha(opacity=75); } </style>etc.............