Marquee

soccercory7

i want to make it so i can do a couple of things, 1. I want to be able to have the marquee scroll go either way across the screan.2. I have pictures of people and animals, how do i make there arms and legs move.3. I have a picture of a tank that a friend sent to me HTMLed and i lost the HTMLs but the tracks moved and it moved and it bumbed up and down as it went.If you can help me with any of these 3 it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks Cory

as I said in your other topic, you would need to use an image manipulation program. GIMP is one you could try out, by the looks of chocolate570's avatar he probably knows alot about GIMP.search google for GIMP or pm chocolate570.LG

as I said in your other topic, you would need to use an image manipulation program.  GIMP is one you could try out, by the looks of chocolate570's avatar he probably knows alot about GIMP.search google for GIMP or pm chocolate570.LG

Just like last time i went there and its not like a learning page it a place where you have to order a disc of some sort and i dont wish to do thatCOyr

About the marquee tag: it doesn't really exist anymore. The latest version of HTML (4.01) and XHTML 1.0 and up do not allow this tag. That's because HTML isn't meant to be used for the display of things. Yes, you could Google around and find out how it was used, and yes, it will still work in most browsers. But it isn't standard, so I doubt anyone here will recommend you use it.For display of content on a web page we use CSS and images. And sense there is no marquee-like CSS attribute, Little Goat is recommending you try to create an animated GIF image. Enter GIMP...the GIMP is really a great program. Don't let yourself get brought down because it looks difficult. I learned alot from the official GIMP Tutorials: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/I've never created an animated GIF image in GIMP, but by the looks of these two tutorials, it doesn't seem to be all that hard :)http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Advanced_Animations/I hope that helps. PM me if you have any questions about how to use GIMP that you're not quite grasping. I'm just begginning to get into GIMP myself so maybe we can learn together.

I can do it =]. It still works in most browers.ok, the arms moving and stuff you will have to use an animation program such as:-Flash-Adobe Image ready-GIMP-Fireworksetc..anyways down to the marquee:

<marquee>Images and stuff here</marquee>

that will make it scroll to the right I think (not sure what default is)if you want to make it scroll to the left or right put in (<marquee>):

direction="up, down, left, right"

(only one)to set the speed it scrolls at put this in next to the code above:

scrollamount="0-infinity"

ORif you want it to stop when mouse is over:

onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()"

theres another thing that you can put that sets a speed (only slows down when mouse is over) but im too lazy to find. Hope this clears this up =]~reportingsjr~

And sense there is no marquee-like CSS attribute, Little Goat is recommending you try to create an animated GIF image.
The marquee element is supposed to be possible to put on all other elements, as per the CSS3 module. But who knows when browsers will have css3 support... :)

The marquee element is supposed to be possible to put on all other elements, as per the CSS3 module. But who knows when browsers will have css3 support... :)

Well even when that happens I'll have to say "yuck" because the only thing worse than text shooting acorss my screen (and images :)) is flashy-blinking text.<blink> and <marquee> are dead. Can't we leave it that way?EDIT:okay okay I guess it's not my place to say stuff like that... if someone wants blinking text and scrolling marquee text... I guess it is CSS' duty to give them the ability to use it. At least it's in CSS where it belongs, though, not in (X)HTML anymore.But I don't have to worry about it for a while, anyway, right?

Are you speaking of the <marquee> tag? I've heard somewhere that it is not a good idea to use that as not all browsers support it - Can anyone confirm this?I think you can just do <marquee direction="up/right/left/down"> along with the sizes you want it.