News In HTML Layout

bmroyer

Learning php may take awhile for me, and I only need a small addition to my site. How hard would it be for me to use php to sumit the news on my html page? Editing the index page is a pain in the butt. I also want to archive the news after six or so sumits. Just help me, or tell me what areas I need to look into. Thanks.

Well, you could do it with HTML and XML (using XSL is optional) - without using php, asp, or cold fusion. And, if you put the XML in the proper RSS Format - (i.e. version 2.0) then you would kncok out two birds with one stone.Here is a jump into the section fn the W3schools on XML that shows you how to pull XML into an HTML page:http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_applications.aspGood Luck.

Learning php may take awhile for me, and I only need a small addition to my site. How hard would it be for me to use php to sumit the news on my html page? Editing the index page is a pain in the butt. I also want to archive the news after six or so sumits. Just help me, or tell me what areas I need to look into. Thanks.

Without much php knowledge:If you want to, you could have a main index.php page with your layout, and a file with news.html. Then you can use<?php include "news.html" ?>news.html will be a file with strictly html tags like <p>, <b>, <i>, <u> etc. and your text/news. This code and text will be included in the index.php file, and you will have the formatting code for your news in the index.php file.Then you can have an archive.php file with include archive.html. Once you exceed 6 news, you move the bottom code of the news.html to the archive.html.That way, you won't have to edit the index.php file or the archive.php file and look through lots of code.