A couple of questions

Brendon Branigin

I don't know about the clear property, but as for the row layout... It's quite too easy most of the times, so most (all?) developers don't waste time on making something which every advanced developer could do. Not that I'm that advanced either, but it's just not that hard in comparrison to colums.In order to make a row, you would simply addwidth: 100%; height: 25%;to the four divs which would carry the actual rows.Here comes the reason for the height property's existense. Much like "width", the "height" property is for adjusting the size of the element, so you can position it more... clearly... with the rest of the layout.Example: the above width and height would size each div on theese sizes. A little caclulation and we see that 4rows*25%=100%. The four rows will fill up the whole screen no matter the resolution. Or at least they are suppose to.

thanks boen, ive got another question if you dont mind answering.what are the rules for heading tags (<h1> <h2> etc). I read somwhere that every page should have atleast an <h1> and that you should use them in orderIE:<h1><h2><h3>but not<h1><h3><h4>If this is correct then should <h1> be anything in particular to a page? Should it be the name of the site or name of the page or something, does it matter?

what are the rules for heading tags (<h1> <h2> etc). I read somwhere that every page should have atleast an <h1> and that you should use them in orderIE:<h1><h2><h3>but not<h1><h3><h4>If this is correct then should <h1> be anything in particular to a page? Should it be the name of the site or name of the page or something, does it matter?

H1 is recommended to be used as the top level heading because it makes a Web page more understandable for text browsers and search engine robots.It should not be the name of the page, it should be the page topic. If it is the index page of a website it usually is the name of the site though.h1h2h3h4h5h6is better than h1h3h5h6since that too makes it more understandable for text browsers and search engines.Usually you have a header included on each page with the company/website name within it. Usually the best way is to have that name in a p element or something simular.I personally found that the best approach is to have the title tag and the h1 tag both describe the page topic.This is a page about Applets and Threads contained within a website of mine:Applets and ThreadsIf you look at this page in a browser like Firefox you can view it without any Page Style(without CSS), just like text browsers and search engines see the page. You will see that the page is understandable and readable.Good Luck