Update condition..

Siddhesh

Hi,I have a table Student With Column Student NameI want to do is thatThe Names Starting with 'S' , should start with 'K'e.g Students names areSid, Subbu, Sigma, suki..Then should be convert toKid, Kubbu, Kigma, Kuki....Thanx,Waiting...

you can do that with a server side language. Select the names starting with s then do string manipulation and then update the records again.

Thanx, that could be a solution.But I don't want to make any site, but only data-cleaning.Can I do it?Any other solution? I m Using SQL 2000

As per my understanding ur query,I feel that this is the solution:UPDATE Student SET Student_Name= Replace(Initcap(Student_Name),'S','K') WHERE Initcap(UNIQUE_NAME) LIKE 'S%'Even without the where clause it will work...But to increase the readability , i have added it

• 3 weeks later...

declare @nombret varchar(25)UPDATE prueba2set @nombret=substring(nombre,2,24),nombre=Replace(substring(nombre,1,1),'c','r')+@nombretWHERE nombre LIKE 'c%'@nombret is a temporal variableprueba2 is the tablenombre it is the only field that is modifiedsubstring select from nombre the firt caracter and the rest set to @nombretand only it modifies the first characterI hope can help you