Onwards from HTML

Guest HTMLAlex

Guest HTMLAlex

Hey, My name is Alex and I'm 13 years old, I've been learning HTML since i was 12 and a half and want to work in web construction when I'm older, Because I have learnt alot about HTML I was wondering where to go next, what to learn?Post with help - Alex :)

There are also other types of html like dhtmls and all types of other ones go to the school of www.w3school.com and id follow the list going down the left column on what to learn.. Good luck.. have fun..

There are also other types of html like dhtmls and all types of other ones go to the school of www.w3school.com and id follow the list going down the left column on what to learn.. Good luck.. have fun..

The other types of html you mention, like DHTML and HTML DOM are just fancy words for Dynamic HTML (A combination of three languages, html, css and javascript), and HTML Document Object Model (Using javascript to make html object-oriented). Both of them require knowledge in css/javascript, so you might as well go through those tutorials first.

Those in this forum who know me already know what I'll say, but I'll still say it, because I think of more unprejudiced way of saying it :) :First come the common things such as (X)HTML, CSS and XML. That's the thing that all interested should know. From then on there are many things that sometimes collide with each other- client side ways and server side ways.Client side ways- This includes client side languages such as JavaScript and VBScript. Between theese two, JavaScript is THE ultimate way to go with. Besides scripting, client side ways also includes XSLT and other XML based languages, each having it's quite interesting in my opinion abilities.Server side ways- Includes SQLs and server side scripting languages. MySQL/MSSQL/Oracle for storing data and server side scripting language(not only PHP but also ASP(.NET), Cold Fusion, JSP, Perl and many others) for not only manipulating that data but also for... well... let's say for everything. Even client side ways have their (possible) eqivalents in server side scripting. Server side scripting is the ultimate tool in a big project.In order to be able to efficiantly create sites, you would need to know the common trio, at least one client side and at least one server side way. I personally don't know any server side language yet, and I'm not at all good with JavaScript either.So I'm a newbie unfortunatly but hey, I started only last summer and I already know a lot more than most of my friends who are also interested and have began sooner then me :) .