Webbcam on a page

umekille78

Hi all!Im in the proces of building a webbcomunity. Mostly to lern but also becouse its fun to work with HTML, PHP and such stuff.Now Im wondering if there is some way to add webbcam options to a page.For exampel if I have a chat-page. Is it posible to give the users the option to show there cams to eathother?I know it is posible for me to add my webcam to a page. But can you let the users do that as well?Im going to look in to this closer myself but if some one have some ideas thet could help it would be nice./Per

yes you can. the most basic webcams simply run by having a small camera plugged into your PC. then, every 30 or so it takes a picture and ftp's the file up to a server (your web host).so, if you define an FTP account for each or all the people you talk about and then your site is coded to read their file, then you are set.There are tons of other techniques, that is just one.

yes you can.  the most basic webcams simply run by having a small camera plugged into your PC.  then, every 30 or so it takes a picture and ftp's the file up to a server (your web host).so, if you define an FTP account for each or all the people you talk about and then your site is coded to read their file, then you are set.There are tons of other techniques, that is just one.

That is one idea ofcource.Is it posible to some how probe the users PC for a webcam? And give that user a "take picture button" wich takes and upploads a picture? Every 30 sec would create alot of pictures. Way to many./Per