Please help!!!

khalidvip

Dear all,I have developed a website in ASP, now my boss asked me to develop a sotware that notify users if the website is updated.i dont know wether its possible or not could any one put me on the right direction?, is there any way to communicate between web and local Machine?Khalid

hi khalidi think u work with local network in the company and global website , so you can istall the iis on your pc in the local network , and one in this network can access your site by for example : http://your pc ip address/index.aspu must take on mind when u work in localhost with localnetwork any one on the network can access the site by this way. finally the network usres can see the local site , thats same the global site on the net matar

hi khalidi think u work with local network in the company and global website , so you can istall the iis on your pc in the local network , and one in this network can access your site by for example : http://your pc ip address/index.aspu must take on mind when u work in localhost with localnetwork any one on the network can access the site by this way. finally the network usres can see the local site , thats same the global site on the net matar

Hi Mattar,i think people are not reading wat i am asking for please have a look to the message i am not trying to put the website on localarea network, the website is already loaded on the network i want an application software taht checks regularry the website for any new updates if the updates are availlabel then popup messages to the users and tell them that the website is update on this date.Khalid

i think you should compare 2 dates, and u should store the date when u modified a page somewhere.something like:if FormatDateTime(filObject.DateLastModified, VbShortDate) between FormatDateTime(date_last_modified, VbShortDate) and FormatDateTime(now(), VbShortDate)then alert user ...but why complicate things when you could have a popup to alert the user, that you could manually modify whenever u make a change...

You could create a script or something that runs every hour. You can use Windows Task Scheduler to schedule it to run once an hour. It can check all the dates for all the pages and images, and if any of them were changed in the last hour, it could send out emails to everyone. That's probably the easiest way. If you actually want a popup box to appear on their screen when this happens, then you will need to use the Windows Messenger API to send out those messages, and you would need a language like C++ or something in .NET that would be able to use the API.You can also just create a page that says when the last update was, and the users can check the page as often as they want (or have the page auto-refresh).