Opening php

Guest Choppa

Guest Choppa

Hi,How can I see the out-put of my php code, when ever I try and open it in my browser it just open the file in Dreamweaver and shows me the code.Any help?EDIT:It's ok someone helped me sorry for posting.

php files can only be read on a server, not on your computer unless you have a server running on your computer.do you have a free webhost that supports php??if not, i recommend these guys - http://www.cjb.cc/

As stated by real_illusions, u need a Server as well as PHP installed.If u have a PHP-enabled WebHost than upload ur files there. and than run ur PHP Files there ..U will get an output in that case ...However, a better method is to install a Server and PHP on ur own Computer ...Since u are a absolute Newbie so it will be very difficult for u to configurte everything ....The best option for u is to download a free PHP, Apache Installation Kit.There are many such installation Kits available .... I think that Easy PHP will be suitable for u at this stage ..it is a 4 MB Executable file, which can be installed just like any other software e.g. Dreamweaver .... Inside the Easy PHP Directory, there is a directory known as www ... just place ur PHP Files in that directory , and than they can be openned ....Easy PHP comes with the auto-installation and auto-configuration of :1) PHP2) Apache3) MySQL4) phpmyadminDownload Easy PHP from :www.easyphp.orgOnce u get use to PHP, than u can switch over to XAMPP.XAMPP offers more options e.g. 1) Apache web server, 2) MySQL, 3) PHP, 4) SQLite, 5) Perl, 6) FTP-Server7) phpMyAdmin.Check out this page on HotScripts for more Installation Kits, but I think that Easy PHP will be best as far as ur skill level is concerned :)http://hotscripts.com/PHP/Software_and_Ser...Kits/index.html